Chapter 41

❄️

You felt yourself growing heavy as your eyes opened. They felt like they were glued shut, your vision blurry and disoriented.

You took in a sharp breath as you tried to blink.

"..."

Blinking once again, a dark figure hovered over you.

You turned your head, trying to make out the person's face.

"...you're...Y/N..."

Your hearing was still messy. You continued to blink until your vision became clearer and clearer.

You felt your chest become warm as a familiar pair of eyes looked into yours.

"Wrio..." You could barely hear yourself speak.

Wriothesley put his hand on your cheek, smiling.

You could see the tear stains spread all over his face, his eyes low and red.

"I'm here..." You watched as he leaned down onto you, his lips pushing onto yours.

But you could barely feel them.

You took a long and deep breath, slowly averting your eyes across the room.

That's when everything came flashing back to you like a bullet.

Your head throbbed in agony as you shot up, panting relentlessly. You shook your head, panic settling in.

"Hey, hey!"

Wriothesley— no, Sigewinne's voice chimed into your ear.

You started hyperventilating as you stared down at her, your eyes shaking back and forth.

"You have to calm down or you'll have another panic attack!"

But you could barely make sense of her words.

You were dragged from your room, shot, and beaten.

You were thrown into solitary confinement.

You cried for hours on end after you regained consciousness, hoping to be saved.

You were scared.

You wanted someone to save you.

You wanted Wriothesley to save you.

Your body got pushed back down as you felt yourself growing extremely hot. Suddenly, a strange feeling poked your arm, immediately making your mind stop racing.

You closed your mouth, your breathing slowing down.

You felt... calm.

"...There." Sigewinne removed the needle from your arm, watching the anesthesia settle in.

"Y/N, you're okay."

Wriothesley cupped your jaw as you looked at him.

His dark eyes and heavy eye bags all added to his disheveled appearance.

You felt yourself relaxing as you spoke.

"...When was... the last time you showered?"

A broken smile crept up at his lips. "I... don't know..."

You furrowed your brows, blinking slowly. "I was in confinement... you have to get the Garde who... and the others... they got caught..."

"Hey."

Wriothesley kissed your hand, making you reopen your eyes that you hadn't realized were closed.

"Everything is fine. You're safe. Everyone who was involved, and the people who hurt you... they're being taken care of."

You felt a weight being lifted off your shoulders. Suddenly, you smiled, closing your eyes. "Good..."

"She's most likely numb right now." Sigewinne spoke. "The medicine I gave her has that affect, so she won't feel her physical injuries."

Wriothesley sighed. "Y/N?"

You opened your eyes and looked at him.

"...I'm sorry."

You stared into his blue eyes. They were kind of like the ocean, in a way. You had never seen them so soft, so calm, and so... pretty.

You giggled. "Silly..."

"...The anesthesia is probably making her giddy." Sigewinne said.

You laughed. "Anne es these suh?"

Wriothesley rubbed his thumb over your hand. "Just try to rest."

"Mm. No." You said, smiling.

He gave a confused look. "Then... you're just going to lay here?"

You laughed again. "Mm. No."

Sigewinne sighed. "It'll wear off soon, so just try to go with her behavior."

"Bee have..." You giggled. "I want Wrio...•

"I'm here." Wriothesley smiled.

"Noo." You stuck out your tongue. "That's the Duke."

Wriothesley laughed— this time, a genuine laugh. "No, you're speaking to Wriothesley."

"I amm?" You asked.

He nodded.

"Oh... Wrio... I missed you..." You sighed. "I wanna stay in Fonta..."

"Fonta?" He asked.

You hummed. "Yeahhh... like, with you and stuff... papa says no babies... I'm not having babies!"

Chuckling, he kissed your cheek.

You gasped. "Wrio kissed me?!"

Sigewinne laughed. "He saved you, Y/N."

You smiled. "I knew he would... could you tell him... I forgive him...?"

Sigewinne patted your arm. "You should tell him yourself."

"Ohh... righttt..." You turned to look at Wriothesley. "Wrio... can you tell Wrio that I forgive him...?"

He smiled, rubbing your cheek. "He's glad that you do."

"Really...? I wanna date him... can you tell him that...?"

Wriothesley laughed. "He wants to date you, too."

You gasped once again. "Ohhh, finallyyyy... hey, he forgot to do something..."

"Forgot to do what?"

"I think... I remember lying on his bed... and he asked me to beg... but I couldn't finish..."

Sigewinne looked at you with a confused expression. "Hm?"

Wriothesley shook his head, looking back at Sigewinne while laughing nervously. "It's nothing... probably the anesthesia getting to her head."

"Huhhh...?" You closed your eyes, taking another deep breath. "I miss Wriooooo..."

"Wrio's here."

"Hm..."

You fell into another deep slumber, making Wriothesley's anxiety settle back in.

"It's fine. When she wakes back up, she'll be her normal self again." Sigewinne said. "It's best to just let her rest, though."

He sighed and nodded. "I'm glad I got to hear her voice again... I thought I would never be able to..."

"Hey, at least you have your answer." Sigewinne smiled.

He smiled back.

"Yeah."