Chapter 8

❄️

Wriothesley punched his bookshelf, frustration seeping deep into his bones.

Another day had passed, and another rumor had entered his office.

People were talking about his match with Y/N. Word of his loss spread like wildfire, and he couldn't erase the thought of the Fortress turning against him.

If he hadn't let his guard down while getting lost in her body, he would've won.

Delivering another punch to the bookshelf, it cracked under his fist, causing another wave of books to fall from the shelves.

"Damnit." He looked at his bleeding knuckles, sighing. He refused to return to the ring to get rid of his pent up energy, so he decided to take it out in the confines of his office.

He groaned, throwing his coat on the couch and plopping down. Pushing his hair out of his face, he grabbed the tea he had made long ago and sipped on it.

It was cold, but he kept telling himself that it was warm.

He eventually seemed to believe it as it quenched his thirst.

"Your Grace..."

A voice startled him as he watched a Garde enter his office.

"Have you forgotten how to knock?" He said in response, placing down his cup of tea.

Great. Now people are thinking they can just come in here without my permission.

"A-Apologies..." The Garde stood before him. "But we've received word that Wolsey is innocent."

"What?" Wriothesley looked up at the Garde, hiding his bloody hand.

"Although we wouldn't say he's purely innocent, he was manipulated into poisoning the food he made. We finally managed to get a name out of him." The Garde pushed a piece of paper onto the coffee table.

"Alright. You can leave." Wriothesley picked it up, but noticed the Garde still standing in place.

Giving him a hard glare, the Garde shivered and turned around to exit.

Reading the contents of the paper, he slowly widened his eyes in surprise of the culprit's name.

Dourgie.

Wriothesley had placed him in solitary confinement long ago. How was it that he somehow was able to get to Wolsey?

Hearing a soft knock at the door, Wriothesley mumbled a "come in" while still staring at the paper.

"Hi, Wriothesley." Chronie entered the room, holding her bag onto her side.

Wriothesley didn't respond to her, as he was too engulfed in his thoughts.

"Notice anything different about me?"

He closed his eyes and reopened them in annoyance. Looking up at her, he felt himself widening his gaze at her appearance.

She smiled, placing her bag down onto the coffee table.

Why the hell is she wearing Y/N's outfit?

❄️

"Your clothes are covered in dried blood. Do you want to change?"

You yawned as you had awoken yet again from another nap. At least this time, you were only gone for an hour.

Hearing Sigewinne's voice next to you again, you sat up. Your wrist throbbed, but it wasn't as bad as it was before your nap.