Chapter 28

❄️

"Do I have to ban you from the Pankration Ring so you can stop coming here for the same injuries?"

You sat inside the infirmary after Nazumi had dropped you off. Sigewinne scolded you once again, but you couldn't help but laugh seeing her cheeks huff and puff out.

"I love fighting. Even if you did try and ban me, it wouldn't stop me from going." You felt her wipe an alcohol pad over your thigh.

"I don't understand... who likes to get hurt?" She frowned, placing bandage over your wound.

Obviously, Sigewinne wasn't human. Or at least, not fully human. From your time spent in the infirmary, you noticed how she often read books describing human behavior and even asked people about personal topics.

"You like taking care of people, right?" You asked, looking down at her.

"Of course." She replied.

"Then think of it that way. The smiles and good health of others warms your heart. For me, the pain and adrenaline I get from fighting warms mine." You explained.

She tilted her head, moving down to your knee. "Hm... I never thought about it like that."

You giggled. "Just a way to go about it."

She shook her head. "Still! You can get seriously hurt one day!"

You remembered back to how you felt after consuming Primordial water. It was indeed a painful experience, and you didn't want to even imagine how you would feel if she had pumped your stomach.

"I know, I know..." You sighed. "I'll try to be more careful next time."

"Next time..." She huffed again, making you laugh.

"Miss Y/N?"

A Garde had stepped at the entrance of the infirmary, making both you and Sigewinne look up.

"...Yeah?"

"The Duke wants you in his office." He said.

Your heart twisted. "Okay."

"You're not going until I'm done." Sigewinne protested.

You nodded, and the Garde walked off. She finished patching you up and forced you to take some medicine, while also making you promise to be more careful when you're fighting at the ring.

You left from the infirmary, feeling better than when you had entered. You were sure that the medicine Sigewinne gave you was going to make you drowsy, so you hurried over to Wriothesley's office, your stomach growing butterflies. 

Knocking on the door, you waited to hear his voice.

"Come in."

You opened the door and walked inside, trying to hide your bandages and quickly making sure you looked decent in the reflection of the wall panel. You walked up the metal stairs, excited to see Wriothesley sitting at his desk.

"Greetings, your highness." You teased while approaching his desk.

"Ah, Y/N. Just the person I was expecting." He was swinging his cuffs around his finger while holding some papers in his opposite hand.

You were anticipating for him to use them on you again. "Someone said you wanted me here."

He nodded, watching you sit in the chair in front of his desk. "Pretty sure you know about what happened in the production zone."

"Yeah. Word here spreads like wildfire." You stated, feeling slightly disappointed he was talking about this topic instead of what had happened before Sigewinne entered his office.