Chapter 32

❄️

A week had gone by since Wriothesley last saw you. He had been overwhelmed with work as of late, which was something he hadn't felt in a moment. Typically when he was fairly busy, he would end the day by taking a stroll around the Fortress, just to get a reaction out of people.

As of now, he was passing by the cafeteria when someone called out to him.

"Wriothesley~!"

Wriothesley turned around to see Sigewinne waving to him. Walking over, he looked down at the blonde traveler and their floating companion enjoying a meal.

"Hey, Duke!" The floating companion, Paimon, waved to him.

"Greetings." He said. "Enjoying your time here?"

Paimon smiled. "Yeah, our last day is in three days!"

"Oh, isn't that fortunate." Wriothesley chuckled.

"Mhm! We were just talking about what was going on with the production zone and all."

Sigewinne sighed. "Most of the prisoners have recovered. Unfortunately, they're going to be sick for quite a few days."

"That's understandable." Wriothesley folded his arms. "I'll go speak to them later."

"Have you been busy?" The traveler asked.

"Here and there." He replied. "Nothing I can't manage, though."

"That's the Duke for you!" Paimon cheered. "Paimon will definitely come back to have another lucky meal... it's so good..."

Wriothesley laughed. "You can come see me before you leave."

"Oh, one more thing." Sigewinne said. "I'm going to drop by your office later to talk with you."

Wriothesley nodded and walked off. His last stop of his walk would be passing by the Pankration Ring, where he found his heart jumping in excitement to hope to see you there.

"Evening, Your Grace." Roussimoff waved as he walked in.

"To you too." Wriothesley eyed the stage. "No fights happening?"

Roussimoff shook his head. "If you're looking for Miss Y/N, you just missed her."

Wriothesley bit back his disappointment. "Who said I was looking for her?"

"Apologies." Roussimoff laughed. "I just assumed you were trying to find her, given that you normally come here asking for her."

Wriothesley didn't know he made it that obvious. "Well, I'm just wasting time. When is the next fight?"

"Hm..." Roussimoff looked down at his schedule. "Not until tomorrow."

He wanted to ask if it was your fight, but he held his tongue. "Well, since it isn't as lively here, I'll take my leave."

Roussimoff waved back to him. "Good day."

Wriothesley made his way back to his office. As soon as he stepped inside, he felt his body grow heavy from the thought of more work that needed to be done.

He slumped down in his chair, pulling his new coat off his shoulders. He picked up another report, sighing.

Tuesday 4:49AM
I heard some strange noises coming from one of the prisoner's dorms. After knocking and approaching the door, I found that a 'couple' was in the midst of sexual intercourse. However, it was a Garde with a female prisoner. I detained him and placed the female in a private cell. After further investigation, the Garde was put on probation.