Chapter 33

❄️

"...You want me to what?"

You were standing in Genevieve's cell, leaning up against the wall with your arms crossed. The same group that you had met during the pipe cleaning day was now surrounded around you.

"It's simple. Just pour this in his tea and we'll be golden." Darcy waved a vial in his hand, walking up to you.

You watched him place it in your palm, utterly shocked by his words.

You hadn't seen Wriothesley for a while. Mainly because you were busy trying to gather information from the escapee group as much as possible, and also busy trying to rack up coupons to buy yourself a good meal at the cafeteria.

Now after Genevieve instructed you to meet everyone in her cell, it seemed like all your work had been for nothing.

"I... don't even know when I'll see him next..." You stared at the yellow liquid in the vial.

"I saw the two of you talking earlier." Genevieve said. "You had walked into his office. What were you talking about?"

You swallowed, trying to think of an easy lie. "...I wanted to complain about the water system here. I refuse to take another cold shower."

"See what I mean?" Rave groaned. "They can't even supply us with basic hygienic necessities."

Darcy rolled his eyes. "Look, just try to set up a meeting with him tomorrow. That way, you can poison his drink. Obviously once he's dead, we can take over."

You gripped the vial in your hands, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. You forced a smile as you stuffed it into your pocket. "...Alright."

"Good." Genevieve stood up. "After the Duke is dead, we have to gather everyone else and put our plan into action."

You bit your lip. "...How many are involved with this?"

"I'd say around a quarter of the prisoners here." Rave replied. "We've informed most of them about murdering the Duke."

"What about afterwards? Won't the Gardes just chase us down once we've escaped?" You asked.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you." Darcy said. "We're booking it to Sumeru."

"...Sumeru?!"

"Yeah." Genevieve smiled. "It makes the most sense to escape by the port, and also since we have you on our side, it won't be much trouble to guide us through."

You shook your head. "I know nothing about leading damn near a hundred prisoners through Sumeru..."

"Don't worry about it. We're not asking you to feed or clothe us while we're there. We just want you to inform us about the desert." Darcy said.

"Right." Rave nodded his head. "Besides, you're a fighter. I mean, that's all you do in the desert, no?"

Your jaw clenched as you tried to bite back your anger. "That doesn't mean I'm some sort of convict."

"But doesn't Sumeru hate the desert? At least from what I've heard..." Darcy said.

You balled your fist. "Things have changed."

"Well, regardless, that's our plan. It has to happen at night, though, when most of the Gardes are off their posts." Genevieve sighed. "This should have been done a long time ago..."

Taking a deep breath, you tried to calm yourself down. "...Gotta go."

"Huh? Hey, just remember the plan!" Genevieve whisper shouted to you as you exited the cell.