Chapter 22

❄️

Wriothesley felt Y/N yank his body into her room, a loud shut sounding from the door.

"Well, that's one way to make an entrance." He said, looking around. She had tidied up the space, and he even noticed small decorations hanging here and there along her wall.

"Wriothesley." His name rolled off her tongue, making him turn to look at her.

"Yes, prisoner?"

She furrowed her brows at his name calling. "...Can you just let this one slide?"

Wriothesley smirked. "Asking me to bend the rules for you again? I don't think so."

"Please." She said. It caught him a bit off guard, hearing her become wary.

The thought of the package and what she bought played at his suspicions. He didn't want to ever think of her doing something that would cost her, but he knew that down in the Fortress, he couldn't bend the rules. Not even for someone as close to him like Sigewinne.

"...Sorry. But you're going to have to open it up or I will." He stated.

"Why do you keep doing this to me?" She argued. "You know you could've just did this by yourself and be done with it."

"Relax. I just wanted to see you again. It's been a while." He said.

"Stop lying to me. I'm sick of you always lying and teasing." Her expression grew angry, and he knew he was starting to get under her skin.

Don't do it, Wriothesley.

Don't lose her.

"...It's not a lie. I care for you." He started. "Why else would I constantly be checking up on you?"

She scoffed. "You only check up on me when it involves you."

Ouch.

"Look, Y/N, I've been here for a long time. I'm just following standard procedure." He responded.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you win that match."

Her words felt like a shot through his chest.

"...What's that supposed to mean?"

She stared at him, her face growing hot. "I should have knocked you out again instead of trying to save your face."

Wriothesley's body tensed as she continued.

"...You're a horrible person."

❄️

You sat on the edge of your bed, staring at the bright pink package in your lap.

Your mind was full of regret, anger, and sadness.

I shouldn't have said that.

No, he deserved it.

He'll never talk to you again.

It's for the better.

You gripped the package tighter, trying to calm yourself down. Wriothesley's silence was all you needed to realize you had gotten to him. He had walked out of your room, leaving you alone once more.

And perhaps for the last time.

Slowly taking apart the package, you pulled out the rose mold from its contents. Flipping it over, you looked at the button on the bottom.