Chapter 31

❄️

You awoke feeling exhausted. You had no idea how tedious cleaning pipes would be, especially since you had worn yourself down from fighting for majority of the day.

Pulling yourself out of the bed, you yawned. Last night's conversation rang through your mind.

"We're going to kill the Duke."

You sighed at their  plan. It wasn't that it was near impossible to do, or because it was just ridiculous overall, but because their execution for doing so was just outrageous.

Laughing to yourself, you got dressed and prepared to head to Wriothesley's office.

As you made your way over, you tried to avoid other prisoners. You had no idea who all was involved with the plan, so you didn't want anyone to see you paying a visit to the Duke after you were just introduced to the party.

Softly knocking on the door, you waited for Wriothesley's command.

"..."

You knocked again, leaning closer to the door.

"..."

"Is he not here?" You removed your knuckles from the door and turned around.

Only to be surprised by Wriothesley looking down at you.

"—!" You flinched, making him laugh.

"Come to see me, princess?" He smirked.

You rolled your eyes. "No, I just came to steal your tea collection."

"What kind of thief knocks before stealing?"

"Well, obviously I couldn't steal it if I knew you were there." You said.

He laughed again and unlocked his door. Holding it open for you, you quickly stepped inside.

"What's with the hurry?" He asked.

"I don't need anyone seeing me." You said.

You followed him up to his desk, preparing to sit down on the chair.

"Ah, ah, ah." He grabbed your hand. "You have a new assigned seat."

Your looked up at him as he pulled you over to his seat. Grabbing your waist, you sat down in his lap.

It was crazy how he was still looking eye level at you.

You felt him rest one hand on your thigh and the other on a document.

You cleared your throat, blushing. "...Anyways, your highness, I got information."

He hummed. "Alright, let's hear it."

"Last night, I 'joined' the escapee group. I only met three of them: Rave, Darcy, and Gene-something. They basically plan to escape by this month's end." You explained.

"I figured so." Wriothesley moved his hand off your thigh and signed the document while leaning into you.

You felt him quickly kiss your neck, making you blush.

"...Anything else?" He asked.

You bit your lip. "...They're planning to kill you."

A low chuckle came from his throat. "Wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to kill me."

"So... what now?" You asked.

His hand moved back to your thigh, squeezing at it. "...You get me the rest of the names."