First Day of School Part 3

(Present September 12th, 2023)

Peter

"Well, how did your school day go?" Noah mumbles.

"My school day?" I questioned, genuinely confused since he was asking a question.

This was the first time in 4 days that Noah had talked to someone. Before the 12th, he was a talkative person. On the 9th, he came to school hood over his head. He wouldn't talk to anyone, even Nova. Mom knew right away that he was being abused. Sadly enough, Paxton had to go back to College. She called me, and I've been keeping Noah company. I was telling him what happened after mom dropped us off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, here's your schedule," Mom said, handing me a paper.

"Adisvory, first-hour Science, second-hour Algebra," I mumble as I walk through the halls to my first class.

"Third-hour PE, fourth-hour decathlon club, fifth-hour lunch," I stop talking as I see the doorway through my peripheral vision.

I walk through the doors, and I see Cooper, and.........Harley? No. It can't be. Harley moved to Florida with his family three years ago. 

I rush over to Cooper and turn the other person around. And...it was Harley. There he was, standing shocked as if he hadn't left me. I engulf him in a hug, not even thinking of people watching us. 

"Oh my god. Pete," He stutters out

"Don't you ever leave me again," I say, engulfing him in another hug.

"Where's Pax?" He questions, sitting down at the table. 

"Pax's in the 8th-grade wing," I tell him, sitting down.

"So, you guys know each other?" He questions, sitting down.

"Yeah, Pete and I knew each other when Aunt May was around," Harley answers.

"Harley was always at my house. We used to hand out 24/7," I say, continuing Harley's thought process.

"That's so cool!!" Cooper yells.

"Cooper!!" The teacher yells. Cooper turns to look at the teacher

"Just because your dad is Hawkeye and a level seven Shield agent doesn't mean you can goof around!!" The teacher continues yelling.

"Sorry," Cooper mutters out. 

"Class, first hour," The teacher says. 

Everyone hurries, gathering all their belongings and running to their first-hour class. Cooper, Harley, and I walk side by side down the hallways.

"I got Science first. What about you two?" Cooper questions, stopping by the science wing doors.

"Same," I respond, with Harley saying the same.

We all walk together, eventually making it to our first hour in 2 minutes. I walk through the door first, Cooper behind and Harley trailing us both. The teacher said we were early. So, she let us join the Google Classroom early. About 3 minutes after the first bell rang. The teacher was taking attendance.

"Are Michelle Jones and Ned Leeds here?" The professor asked. Mr. Xavier, as he wanted to be called.

Everyone shakes their head, so Mr. X marks them absent. The class was done, and when I walked outside, Ned and MJ were waiting outside. I show them my schedule, and they show me their schedule. Luckily we all had the next class so we all walked together just like old times.