Natasha's Birthday

(fast forward to December 3rd, 2016, because we need to end the year 2016 already)

Paxton

Today is Mom's birthday, and Peter and I wanted to do something special for her since she's made our birthdays extraordinary, so we called Grandma up yesterday, asking her what the best gift would be for Mom, and long story short, Grandma said to spend the whole day with her. That was boring, so we decided to make a 10-minute video of all the memories with her so far, and I was tasked with keeping Mom busy so Peter could make the video.

I didn't care about keeping Mom away from the house. This meant I could spend more time with Mom than Peter could, not that it mattered to Peter. I didn't know where to take Mom, so I took Mom for a walk in the park. We spent about 30ish minutes before leaving and heading home.

"Are you enjoying your birthday so far?" I ask Mom as we walk towards the front door.

"Yeah, it would be better if Peter was here," She tells me, walking up the porch.

"Well, he should be done meeting with his friends by now," I assure Mom, opening the door and letting her go first. 

I prayed in my mind that Peter was done with the surprise. I guided Mom to the kitchen, and Peter wasn't in there. The only thing there was a "Happy Birthday" banner and a Lemon Meringue Pie. 

"Surprise?" I question, my eyes scanning to find Peter.

"This is beautiful, baby," Mom told me.

"Take a seat. I'll be right back," I tell her, running towards the stairs.

"Peter!!" I whisper yell as I ascend further up the stairs.

"I wasn't ready, and then you walked through the door," He explains.

"It doesn't matter," I reassure.

"Do you have the video?" I question.

"Yeah, let's go," He races down the stairs with me behind.

"Hey, Mom," Peter greets casually, walking into the kitchen.

"My other baby!!" Mom exclaims, kissing Peter on the cheek.

"We got you a present," I tell Mom.

"You boys didn't have to get me anything," She says, looking between us.

"We wanted to do that," Peter replies.

"It's in the living room," I clarify, seeing Mom's confused face.

Mom sat on the couch as we instructed while we got her comfy on the couch. Peter brought her blankets and pillows, and I brought her the Meringue Pie. After we prepped her up, we sat on either side of her. 

"Are we ready?" Peter questions.

"Let's do it," Mom tells him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 28th

The video starts with me walking towards Mom's room. I opened the door and hopped in bed, cuddling close to her.  

"Why're you up?" She questions, and I shrug, fiddled with my hoodie strings.

"Sorry for waking you up," I say, easily dodging the question.