Family Reunion Pt.1

Three days after Paxton was released from the hospital.

Paxton

It's been about three days since I've been released, and it's torture being stuck in the house all day. Aunt Lena's been staying with me because Mom's too paranoid to leave me alone for seven hours. Right now, I am taking Pre-algebra, actually taking a test on my Chromebook. Lena was supposed to watch me. Instead, she's slumped on one of the couches. The last question was the hardest, with five different parts to it. About 10 minutes later. I came up with a solution, not that the answer was correct.

"That's wrong," A voice says from behind me.

I shriek, falling off my chair and onto the floor, where I hold my arm to my chest. Cautiously, looking up, there's a middle-aged woman and a fat man. Aunt Lena, who heard the scream, came running into the room, ready to fight. The older woman turns around, and her face morphs into a smile. Lena's face also morphs into a smile, and she slowly walks towards the woman.

"I missed you so much, Mama," Aunt Lena tells the woman. I choke on my spit after hearing that.

"You're my grandma!!" I blurt out. Immediately, all eyes are on me.

"Tasha has kids?" The old man questions, looking at me. I shake a little in fear and shrink back into my chair.

"Shush, Alexei, you're scaring him," The older woman says, walking over to me.

"Hello, child, I'm Melina, and that's my idiotic husband, Alexei," She tells me, sitting on the chair beside me. I relaxed a little. Her presence was very calming.

"We're Natasha and Yelena's parents," She says, clarifying that.

"I'm Paxton," I tell her.

"That's a wonderful name. Who's that?" She questions, pointing to Peter in one of the picture frames.

"That's my older brother, Peter," I say, submitting my test and closing my Chromebook.

"And what about you?" She questions, watching as Alexei and Yelena head out of the room.

"I'm in 8th grade. I'll be 14 in 2 weeks, give or take," I say

"Wonderful, Wonderful," She says, motioning for me to follow her.

She leads me to the kitchen, where bags are piled on the table. I look at her in shock before rummaging through bags to see what she got us. I got to the last bag, and I saw donuts. I squeal, running over to Melina and hugging her. She hugs me back and kisses me on the head.

"Thank you so much, Grandma," I say, not thinking about what I just said.

"You're welcome, baby," She says, kissing me again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yelena

I think seeing Melina and Alexei, no. Seeing Mom and Dad after a year was so emotional. Thankfully, Dad saw my teary eyes and guided me out of the room and over to the couches, where he sat with me in his arms. Trying to escape was so hard since Dad had this grip around my waist. I kept or tried to pry his hands away, but it was useless. I gave up and just slumped back against him, my head falling to his chest.

We stayed in this position for 15-20 minutes before a door rattled open. I quickly sat up, and Dad loosened his hold around me. I look around until I see Paxton running upstairs with Mom hot on his trail.