Training and arguments

Two weeks later

Natasha

It's been two weeks since Paxton could use his powers. The first few days, I had him running laps and sparring. After I deemed him worthy of winning a fight without powers, we started working on control and using his powers. Fury had me work with his powers, and until they were under control, he could work with the other inhuman people.

"Alright, you ready for the first lesson?" I asked as Paxton walked into the gym.

"Do I get to use my powers?" He asked, sarcastically.

"Watch it. You're lucky I'm letting you train," I said.

"Sorry, sorry," He apologized while nodding.

"The first lesson for controlling your powers is knowing how far you can push yourselves," I said, and he nodded.

"See that table with the chairs?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I want you to pick up the table and the chairs," I said.

"What's this supposed to do?" He asked as he lifted the table and the chairs.

"To see how much you can lift because we don't want you pushing your limits and passing out," I said as he groaned.

"Mom!! I'm not a little kid. I can handle myself," He groaned.

"Can you lift the bench press?" I asked.

Paxton nods and looks at the bench press. He lifts his hand and concentrates on the bench. Nothing happens, and his face is getting paler.

"Stop!!" I screamed, and he did.

"This is what I mean. You can't lift the bench press, or you'll pass out," I said.

He groaned and sat on the ground.

"If you don't let me push myself, how will I reach my full potential?" He asks, and I sigh.

"I will let you reach your full potential, but you can't push right now," I told him.

"Why?" He whined.

"If you start pushing now, you'll accomplish nothing. But, if you start pushing when you have control over your powers, you'll do things you didn't know you could do," I said.

Paxton sighed but nodded. I walked towards him and hugged him. He returned the hug.

"What do I do now?" He asked.

"You know how you threw Jessica and Justin against the wall?" I asked.

"Yeah!! It was amazing!!" He shouted.

"I want you to throw this weight at the dummy," I said.

He stood and threw the weight toward the dummy, but it missed. I looked at him, and he looked at me.

"It's okay. Let's try again," I offered.

Paxton nodded, and I walked closer to him. I took the weight from him and demonstrated.