Nathaniel's Birthday Pt.1

(12 days later, September 18th, 2016)

Natasha

Getting your sister and two sons up is hard. I wish someone had told me that before I attempted to wake them. It's hard getting them up. Getting Yelena up was the easiest, as she was with me in bed. Well, more cuddled in with me. All I had to do was untangle myself from her limbs. She grumpily looked at me. I smirked at her, patting her thigh. She scowled at me but walked downstairs. 

But then I moved on to Paxton and Peter. I regretted my words. Peter's room was closer to my room, so that's where I went first. Peter's room was filled with textbooks and legos on the floor. I turned on the light, and he groaned.

"Ugh, Mom, why?" He questions, turning around and going back to sleep. Smirking at him as an answer, yeah, that's another thing. Peter and Paxton have been more comfortable calling me Mom. 

I walk towards him, still smirking. Once I'm close by, I rip the covers off his body, and he shrieks.

"MOM!! IT'S COLD!!" He yells complaining. 

"Get up then," I say, flicking the lights and leaving the room. I hear the shower running, and I thank the heavens I got him awake. Now on to Paxton, less excited about this child.

I walk into his room and almost trip over from how dark and messy it is. I flick the lights and watch Paxton groan and roll over in bed.

"G'out," He slurs. I walked over to him slowly, like Peter. There were legos scattered across the room.

"Nope. Come on," I say, pulling the covers off. Pax groans but sits up.

"Cuddles?" He asks, holding his arms out. 

I lift him by his underarms, pulling himself into my lap. He grins, his head instantly going down to my neck. A few minutes later, I look at my watch. 4:30. Gotta be at the airport in about 10-15 minutes. I gently shake him as he's falling asleep. Pax groans but sits up in my lap.

"Come on. Nathanial's birthday is today. Gotta get to the airport," I remind him, pulling him off me.

"I thought you didn't like him since he was a traitor?" Paxton asks, grabbing his suitcase from under the bed.

"It's okay, we all know you love Nate," He teases

"Watch it or you won't come," I tell him.

"I'll tell grandma," He says, telling them stories about Melina and Alexei was a mistake, but I thought they would forget. 

"Uh, fine, you can come," I say, walking downstairs into the kitchen.

"Mom?" Peter questions when I walk into the room, looking like a scared kitten.

"Whoa, Nattie, are you okay?" I hear a voice next to me, making me jump backward, screaming at myself for my poor performance.

"Yeah, Lena, all good," I tell her, kissing her on the head.

"Was Paxton being bad?" She accuses.

"NO!!" I scream before quieting down a little.

"Talking about Mom Melina, couldn't comprehend, started thinking about Alexei," I stutter out.