Paxton's Day With Grandparents/Family Reunion Pt.2

September 16th, 2023

Paxton

I came back from college excited to see Noah and Nova again. Instead, I find Noah inside the bathroom, bawling his eyes out. This was before school started, so I wasn't worried about him missing class or anything. See, at first, I came here with Peter and MJ even though they were here a week ago. I haven't seen Mom or Noah in 2 weeks. That was the whole reason I came here.

Now, my best buddy, crying in the stall, this is not what I came here for. I walked into Mom's advisory to talk to Noah before school, but he wasn't in the class, and his sister was sick at home. I asked Mom about his absence, and she told me he was in the bathroom. As quickly as possible. I sprinted down the hallway towards the bathroom.

Usually, when Noah's alone in the bathroom, it's cause he's crying and doesn't want anyone to know. I rush through the door, calling out Noah's name. 

"Noah!!" I yell, push opening all the doors until I look at the last one.

"Noah, buddy, I know you're in there," I tell him, banging on the door since he locked it. Eventually, I gave up and slid down the door.

"Noah, buddy, please. Can you tell me what's wrong?" I question, still with my back to the door.

I hear a sigh, then a click of the door, and I fall backward. I peer up at Noah, smiling a little at seeing his face. My face turns into a frown instantly at the sight of his teary eyes. I stand up and bring him in for a hug. He tenses but relaxes and slumps against me. I slid down the wall with him, guiding his head to my chest. He sits there listening to my heartbeat before he starts to talk.

"My grandparents are coming over," He whispers.

"I'm scared," He whispers again, letting out a small whimper. I caress my hand up and down his neck. He whimpers again and presses his face into my chest. I feel tears on my shirt, but I'm not bothered. 

"How'd you feel when you met your grandparents for the first time?" He questions, removing his head from my chest and standing up, wiping away his tears. I get up with him, leading him out of the bathroom.

"Well, yesterday I told you they broke into my house. I was shocked at first, but they were so caring and loving, and I love one of them so much," I tell Noah, leading him back into the classroom. Luckily, he didn't hear the last part.

"Can you finish the story?" Noah asks, making me nod my head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past( September 21st, 2016)

Well, Mom and Peter were both at school, and Yelena was. Well, I don't. This meant it was just grandma, grandpa, and me. I, at the time, didn't know that. I was currently in dreamland, dreaming of video games and pizza. Unfortunately, I was ripped away from my dreams by a hand on my ribs. I giggle a little, trying to push the hands away. Eventually, the hand started squeezing both my ribs. I squeal and open my eyes.

"STOHOHOP!!" I squeal out, twisting and twisting to avoid the hands.

"Get up then," A voice says from above me before they shove their hands up my armpits. I squeal again, not knowing that my armpits were another ticklish spot.

"LEHEHEHENA, STOHOHOP!!" I screech, kicking my legs out, finally making out the figure.

"Alright, enough, Lenaochok," A voice says, shoving their hands up Lena's armpits. She squeals and falls backward into the arms. I sit up a little, tugging the covers off my body.