Christmas Day

Natasha

It's the night before Christmas, and I'm stuck wrapping Peter and Paxton's gifts. I wanted to ask Mom and Lena, but they were exhausted when they came in today. I had all Peter's gifts wrapped and half of Paxton's. I checked my watch to see it was 2:42.

"Shit. I need to go to sleep soon," I mumble to myself. 

"I'll take over for you," A voice says from behind, and I almost scream.

"It's okay, Mom, I'm almost done," I reassure her.

"You need to sleep, Natalia," She says, guiding me to my room.

"But the presents," I murmured, looking at her.

"I'll do the rest, sleep," She coaxes, tucking me in bed.

"I love you," I mumble, falling asleep.

"I love you too, Natalia," Mom says.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was woken up by Paxton and Peter jumping up and down on the bed. I groaned, putting a pillow around my ears to block out the sound. The pillow was thrown off, and shouting was filling the room.

"Get up, Mom!!" Paxton yelled, running out of the room.

"Present time!!" Peter yelled, running after him.

"Such children," I mumbled, but I walked towards the living room/

"There's the sleepy head," Mom stated.

"Can we open presents now, Grandma?" Paxton asked.

"Yes, now you may open presents," Mom says. 

"Who's going first?" Peter questioned.

"One of you opens one present, and then the other one goes," I suggest, and they nod.

Paxton opened his present first, and he got soccer cleats. Then Peter opened his present, and he got a Spiderman Lego set. We kept going until there were only two presents left. These were their most expensive gift from me.

"What's this one?" Paxton questions, shimmering under the tree and grabbing it.

"An expensive gift, and there should be two," I tell Paxton, who shimmers under the tree, grabbing the other present.

"You guys have to open them together," I say.

"Okay, you ready?" Peter questions Paxton, and he nods.

"Three," Paxton says.

"Two," Peter says.

"One!!" They scream, tearing open the presents.

"A keyboard?" Peter asks in confusion.

"Mom, we don't," Peter starts before the realization hits him.

He runs towards his bedroom before coming back and motioning Paxton to come. Peter and Paxton run to Peter's room, with Mom, Lena, and me behind them. 

"NO!!" Peter screams.

"YOU DIDN'T!!" Paxton yells.

"A PC and a gaming chair?" Paxton questions.