New Home Pt.2

(Read New Home before this)

Nova

Having dinner with Ms. Romanoff and Noah was the best thing that has happened to me this month. Our new foster parents are our total dick heads who deserve jail. No one ever believes a foster child, which is why abusive foster parents get away with abusing their child. Anyway, we got home, and true to her words, Ms. Romanoff helped me with math while Noah slept on her. We were on the last problem when George and Ashley walked in.

"How were they?" George asks, taking Noah in his arms.

"Wonderful!! The best kids ever!!" She expressed.

"Thank you for babysitting. How much do you want?" Ashley questions, getting out her wallet.

"It's free. I don't mind babysitting these two," Ms. Romanoff smiles, heading toward the door.

"Bye, Ms. Romanoff," I whisper.

"Bye, Nova," She replies, shutting the door and getting in her car.

"Get in bed, you brat!!" George yells, yanking my arm upstairs.

"Did you tell her!!" He accuses, throwing me on the bed.

"No, she doesn't know," I whisper.

"You imbecile. Do you know what could happen if she found out!?" He questioned, and I nodded.

"Only two more weeks with you, brats," He mumbled, closing the door.

The next day, I'm awoken by Noah opening the door. He's holding two unsigned permission sheets. I forgot about the field trip Today.

"Are we asking, Ms. Romanoff?" I questioned, slipping on my backpack.

"Hopefully, she'll sign it," He sighs, slipping on his backpack. 

"We're leaving!!" Noah shouts, opening the front door.

"We're so late," I sighed.

We walk out the door, and we see Ms. Romanoff's car. She pulls to the side, allowing us to get in. I sigh in relief that we won't be the only ones late. I look at Noah through the rearview mirror, motioning toward the permission slip, and he nods.

"Ms. Romanoff?" I questioned, and she turned to look at me.

"Will you sign our permission slip," I mumble.

"Can I what, sweetie?" She asks, turning into the school parking lot.

"Sign our permission slip?" I ask.

"Your parents didn't sign them?" She questions, leaving the car with Noah and me behind her.

"They forgot to sign them," I tell her. 

"Yeah, I will," She reassures us.

"Do we get to know who our chaperone is?" Noah asks.

"Sorry, buddy, I can't tell," Ms. Romanoff says, ruffling Noah's hair while he sulks. 

"Are we in the same group?" I ask, and Ms. Romanoff nods.

"You guys walk in before me, so nobody thinks I'm your Mom," Ms. Romanoff tells us.

"What I would do for you to be our Mom," I whisper under my breath, heading into the classroom.

A few seconds later, Ms. Romanoff appears.

"Sorry I'm late, class," She says, walking over to her desk.

"In just a minute, I'm going to show all the groups," She says, connecting her computer to the screen.