Meeting Grandparents/Family Reunion Pt.3

This part starts with Noah and Nova's POV on meeting their grandparents.

September 16, 2023

Noah

Great. Fantastic. This day was so fun. First of all, I spent 20 minutes crying into my teacher's son's lap like a freaking baby. Next, I got tripped walking out of Ms. Romanoff's advisory. The only good thing about that was that I got to spend extra time with Ms. Romanoff. Then, after all this happened, Noelle and Derrick (Mom and Dad) didn't even give us money in our account. Nova and I just sat at a lunch table by ourselves until Ms. Romanoff showed up and offered some of her snacks. 

I agreed straight away, and with a bit of convincing Nova, she was on board. Nova and I shared a sandwich and some Goldfish. While Nova was busy talking to Ms. Romanoff, I stole a quarter of her Goldfish. I saw Ms. Romanoff give me a sly look and a smirk before she looked away. Nova didn't seem to notice, and I thought I got away.

"NOAH SCOTT SIMON!!" Nova screamed, running towards me at full speed. 

I shrieked and ran behind Ms. Romanoff, who betrayed me. She picked me up by the waist and set me in front of her. I giggled, praying in my mind that she didn't hear. Unfortunately, she did and started moving her hands up and down my sides. Nova ran at me again, but Ms. Romanoff picked me up so I was above her head. Nova pouted but sat down in her seat again. I got tickled for a few more seconds until Ms. Romanoff put me down. 

Luckily, we had an assembly today, meaning everyone had to go to Adivsory. The assembly was about cyberbullying and bullying in general. I didn't pay attention due to the event that was bound to happen in fifteen minutes. School ended, and Nova and I walked home slowly, dreading this interaction. I opened the door, and I was squeezed into someone's arms. I tense the whole time. Not like the person realized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova

The second I saw someone wrapped up in a hug with Noah. I was about to swing on them. Too bad the so-called adult was my Grandpa. After Noah was done with the hug, he wrapped his arms around me. I hesitantly put my arms back around him, patted him on the back awkwardly, and walked over to the couches. 

"Well, Mom, Dad, as you see, these are our two kids," Mom or Noelle said.

"This is Nova. She's our smarter, safer twin," Noelle says, pointing to me as I wave awkwardly.

"And, this here is Noah. He's our athletic, troubled twin," Derrick said, pointing at Noah.

"Well, this is just wonderful," Grandma or whatever her name is. 

"Come, Come, we must show you the house," Mom gestures, heading to the kitchen for the first part.

While the adults were downstairs in the kitchen, Noah and I took this as our time to have TT. (Twin Time) 

"So, do you think they are real Grandparents?" Noah asks as he jumps onto my bed, messing up the bedsheets. 

"For one, get off my bed," I say, and he listens.

"Second, they could be, but I don't know. Noelle never talked about her parents, and neither did Derrick," I reply

Mom and Dad walked in with Grandma and Grandpa at the exact moment Noah and I were wrapping up our conversation. It could've gone wrong if they came in early. 

"Noelle and I are going out. Mary and George are babysitting you guys. Okay, bye," Derrick says, slamming my bedroom door shut and running down the stairs with Mom. 

"UGH!!" A voice groans from behind us. I turn around and see Mary looking at us with disgusted faces. 

"You little brats better not get in the way of our romance novels. Alright?" She asks, shoving Noah into a dresser and poking me hard in the stomach with a ruler. 

I felt the contents of today's lunch come up. Luckily, I had managed to swallow them back down. I look over at Noah to see if he's alright. I give him a thumbs up, getting one back in response. I walk out of the room, followed by a confused Noah questioning. 

"Shh!! Put your coat on," I instruct, throwing his coat towards him.

"What're we doing, Nov?" He questions, zipping up his coat. 

"Sneaking out and heading to Ms. Romanoff's house," I reply, grabbing a sheet of paper.

"What's the paper for?" He asks

"I'm writing a note," I say

"Cool," He replies, sounding as excited as a 5-year-old. 

Once we had the note made and in place, we headed to our destination. I'm glad Ms. Romanoff allowed her house to be a safe spot for Noah and me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah

"Hey, Nov, don't you think it's ever weird how Ms. Romanoff gave us her address?" I question Nova as we walk along the trail to her house. 

"She gave it to us because you were injured and needed help, No-No," She responds, flicking my ear.

"Yeah, well, I didn't know I was getting sent home for being five minutes late to class," I respond, walking up the stairs and ringing the doorbell.

In an instant, Ms. Romanoff's doors are opening, and she's ushering us in. Once Inside, I make my way to the cozy beanbag in the middle of the living room. I flop down on the beanbag, breathing heavily. 

"Is Noah injured again?" She asks, rolling me over and checking.

"Is that why you guys are here?" She asks, deeming me not injured

"No, stupid Grandparents are old haggards," Nova replies, and I burst out in laughter.

"Nova," Ms. Romanoff responds with a smirk on her face.

"How long are you guys staying?" She asks, heading to the kitchen to get us a drink

"Uh, maybe the whole night?" Nova questions when Ms. Romanoff's back in the room.

"Alright, but you gotta double up again. One of the rooms is being used for a storage room," She tells us, handing us our drinks. 

We both thank her and head to the room, already knowing which room to use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The next part will be about Noah and Nova getting caught. I posted this because I have no school and a lot of motivation. (I'm running on no hours of sleep and a quarter of coke) (Soda)  This one is short because I was trying to post this before 7. I'm going to end myself because of Grammarly. I spend 15 minutes proofreading with Grammarly, and I don't have premium, but it's easy to tell the mistakes. Lately, these mistakes have been making no sense, and I'm done. Proofread by Grammarly cuz we love Grammarly. (Partly) 

BYE!!!

Word Count: 1103