Hospitalized

This part continues from when the ambulance arrived.

Paxton

"Mom, It hurts," I whine, as Mom's holding me in her lap in the ambulance.

"I know it does, baby," She says, kissing my head.

"But, when we get to the hospital, they'll give you some medicine that makes you feel sleepy," Mom explains, the guy in front agreeing with her.

"Yeah, kid, and if you're scared about surgery, there's a 12% chance of you having surgery," The guy in front adds, making Mom nod.

"Yeah, all they're gonna do is check your bones, and if there's a broken bone, they'll put you in a cast for a couple of weeks," Mom explains, rubbing my back.

I nod a bit, playing with the rings on Mom's hands to distract myself from my nervousness. She kisses my head, making me smile.

"It'll be okay," Mom says, kissing my head again. I nod again and bury my face into Mom's chest. 

I guess I dozed off because the next thing I knew, I was lying in a hospital bed with a cast on my arm. I groan a little, catching Mom's attention from beside me. She sits up in her chair, concern etched all over her face. I groaned again and held my hand out to Mom. She moves her chair closer, holding my hand in her own.

"How are you feeling baby?" She questions, worry still visible on her face. 

"I'm okay. Can we leave?" I groan out as I try to sit up. 

"Yeah, let me go get the doctor," Mom says, walking off.

While Mom's out looking for the nurse, I look around the room. I look over at my bedside table. I see my phone charging. My phone was on the arm that had the cast on. So I reached with my other arm to get it. Mom walks in with the doctor. 

"STOP!! You'll rip your stitches!!" The doctor shrieks, running over to my bedside.

"What stitches!!" I scream, looking over at Mom, who's giving me a sheepish smile. 

"Look, baby, there was a cut on your stomach. You needed stitches," She tells me, kneeling next to my bedside and handing the phone to me.

"Well, I think I have to restitch," The doctor says, standing back up. I groan a little while Mom chuckles. I huff at her, making her laugh even more. 

"Paxton, man, you are killing me," Mom laughs at me, kissing me on the head and standing up.

"Well, at least this isn't your first time in a hospital," I grumble, unlocking my phone and checking what's new. 

I see a couple of texts from Peter, Mickey, and Aunt Lena. I respond to Peter first, then Auntie Lena, and lastly Mickey. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOB (BEST OLDER BROTHER)

Are you at the hospital yet?

Are you getting sedated?

Pax?

Are you already sedated?