Barney and Peter

February 2nd, 2017

Barney

Two weeks. Two weeks is how long I've been here. I've already spent time with all my brother's children, but now it's time for his best friend's children. First on the list was to wake Peter up. I slipped into his room and walked over to his bed, pulling the covers down. 

"Wakey-Wakey," I whisper in his ears, running my hands up and down his back. 

He shivers but doesn't wake up. I try again, and he groans, turning away. 

"Let's go, buddy," I say, shaking him.

He groans but sits up in bed, glaring at me. I shrug, not bothered by what I did.

"I'll get you a hot dog if you wake up," I negotiate.

"It's only 9 in the morning. It's too early for a hot dog," He complains, flipping over and pulling the covers up. 

"Nope. It's 2 in the afternoon, and your mother wants you up," I tell him, dragging the covers off him and throwing them across the room.

"Go away, Barney," He says, curling in on himself.

"I'll get your mother," I threaten.

He glares at me but gets out of bed and puts on clothes. I smile as he glares at me.

"You still want that hot dog?" I question, and he grumbles but fixes his face. 

I smirk at him, and he rolls his eyes as we head downstairs. We head to the living room, where everyone is. Well, I thought everyone was in there.

"Where'd your parents go?" I question Cooper, and he points towards the kitchen.

I walk toward the kitchen with Peter behind me. In the kitchen, Laura and Natasha are at the table and Clint's nowhere to be seen.

"We're heading out," I tell them.

"Where to first?" I ask Peter, heading toward the city.

"I want that Hot Dog you promised me," He says, turning on the radio. 

"Alright, you got it, buddy," I chuckle. 

I drove toward a Hot Dog stand and ordered for Peter. He got two, both with mustard. And then he got a Snapple from the gas station across the street. 

"Why didn't you get anything?" Peter questions as he finishes his first Hot Dog.

"This is your treat. Enjoy it," I avoid the question. 

"You can have some of mine," He suggests, and I decline. 

"I'll get food at dinnertime," I reassure him. 

"You promise," He says, holding out his pinky finger.

"I promise," I say, connecting our pinky fingers.

"Can we go to a store? I need new clothes," He asks, and I nod.

When we arrived, I let Peter go off while I walked around the place. Eventually, I settled into a Taco Bell and got a chalupa supreme. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha Romanoff