Chapter 523 - 524

Chapter 523 Zhen Shuai is very disappointed [first update]

The ground was littered with broken pieces of flesh, bones, and scarlet blood that exuded a corrosive smell. It was as if the entire base had just been massacred by a terrible enemy. I'm afraid it will take some time to clean up. Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu didn't want to stay in the base, so they brought Marshmallow and Ling'er to the entrance of the base.

The gate of the base is not the original entrance of the airport, but was later rebuilt to make it easier for large numbers of people to enter and exit. The gate was locked at this time and the guard was nowhere to be found.

Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu took Marshmallow and Ling'er and climbed over the wall directly.

Zhen Shuai also wanted to see what was going on outside.

The two of them came back near noon, and the situation outside was not optimistic.

In the humid forest, the ground was dried out, not even a drop of dew was visible, and the air was so dry that it was difficult to breathe. The tall trees are gone, but the short plants have withered, as if autumn has entered early. The animals in the forest are also more manic than before, and they are fighting with each other extremely fiercely.

The only good thing is that the fruit trees in the forest are not affected by the drought at all. Each fruit tree is still full of energy, and there is no trace of water loss in the fruit. This at least leaves humanity with a glimmer of hope. But this hope comes with greater dangers. Because animals are also eager for the water in miao fruits. There were three to five animal carcasses under every fruit tree that Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu saw.

Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu walked all the way to the lake, and the lake was completely dry. Finally, they went to the edge of the natural chasm. Before they got close, they felt a scorching heat coming towards their faces. When they looked around, they saw that the "red wave" deep in the crack was obviously closer to the ground.

Zhen Shuai is worried that this "red wave" is the biggest crisis for mankind. He suddenly felt that maybe the humans in the gene explosion world were the worst humans in all the apocalyptic worlds he had ever been to.

The audience felt the same way. They all saw the "red wave" deep in the crack. Although they didn't know what it was, they always felt that it must be something very scary.

At the entrance of the base, the guard reappeared at the gate. Although the door was wide open, no one came in or out. Only Wu Shangjun was walking around in front of the door, as if waiting for someone.

"Captain Wu." Zhen Shuai greeted.

When Wu Shangjun saw the two of them, he excitedly greeted them, "You're back, I'm almost dying! Come with me, General Liu wants to see you!" "What's the matter?" Zhen Shuai doesn't want to deal with the people above him yet

. .

Wu Shangjun looked at him with some frustration, "What do you think? You two can be said to be everyone's savior. If my guess is right, General Liu must commend you! By the way, where have you been? At this time You still dare to go out, and I'm convinced!"

"We don't need praise." Zhen Shuai waved his hand and asked with concern, "Have you done the statistics? How many people are there in the base now?" The

relief on Wu Shangjun's face disappeared, and he was filled with sadness. He sighed: "According to statistics, almost 100,000 people died. If it weren't for you, I'm afraid there would be even more dead." "Have you

found the reason?" Zhen Shuai asked.

Wu Shangjun was about to answer when he thought of business, slapped his forehead, and reached out to pull him, "Come with me quickly, General Liu is still waiting! I have issued a military order, and I must take you to see him! If you want to know anything, let me know on the way. You guys."