2

"So, Miss. Carter."

Giving her attention to her doctor as he walked in, Mackenzie became a bit more attentive than she was before.

"It's nice to see you again." He smiled as he sat in front of her. "And you are?" He looked at August with the same smile.

"This is my boyfriend, August."

"Pleasure meeting you." He nodded as he extended his hand.

"Same here doc." August shook it. "And I'm not just her boyfriend. I'm her future everything." He smirked.

Rolling her eyes, Mackenzie mentally face palmed herself, as her doctor chuckled.

"Well that's good to know." He nodded in agreement. "So your blood work results. Everything came back great."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. There weren't any abnormalities found. Your cholesterol is great, as is your pressure and thyroid."

Releasing a sigh of relief, Mackenzie felt a weight lifted off of her shoulders. She knew that the lifestyle she was in where August was concerned, along with her school work load, that she did overwork herself.

"What about my PCOS?" She asked.

Glancing at her, August knew that this was a sore spot in their relationship. As they became closer in their relationship, the discussion of family came up a few times. Mackenzie was aware of her situation before she met him but it wasn't till their second discussion, she had revealed it to him.

"Where that is concerned, I want to schedule you for a saline infusion sonogram. Like I had explained to your before, on the scale of severity, though you weren't on the high end, you are still in a position where your cysts aren't little bit."

"Yeah." She said lowly.

Gently holding her hand, she looked over at August who simply smiled at her.

"But again, I remind you that as long as you are taking your medication, all will be fine."

"So? What's this infusion sonogram about?" August asked.

"This sonogram is a procedure we do to take a closer look at womb and ovaries. From that, we can and will determine if there is anything else needed to be done with Mackenzie's situation."

"Okay." He nodded understandingly.

"When you get back to the front, you can make the appointment with the receptionist, but as of today, all is well."

"Thanks."

Saying their goodbyes, Mackenzie did intact schedule her appointment for the earliest date she could get. August, being the person he was, instructed her to clear his schedule so that he would be there by her side.

"You want to go get something to eat?" He asked as he drove.

"Yeah. What you had in mind?"

"I was thinking your favorite." She smiled.

"Sushi?"

"Mhmm."

Taking her hand as he drove, he kissed the back, causing her to blush.