64

"Yo, E."

Giving August his attention, he called him over.

"Let me talk to you for a minute."

Putting down his bag, Kevin jogged over time where August was. They've been on the road three weeks now and things been going beyond good. His energy levels were up, his health was doing good and they've hadn't sold out shows since the beginning.

"Wassup man?"

"I wanted to put you on notice. This is my last tour with Def Jam." He spoke lowly.

"Oh word?"

"Yeah man. They ain't doing shit worthwhile for me and I have a family to feed now more than anything."

"So what? That's it for music?"

"Nah. I'm going independent."

"That's dope man." They dapped.

"Yeah and I want you to still be on the team. I know your contract bout to be up soon but we contacted a new lawyer and he's working on a new one."

"Man I'm in. I got you."

"Thanks man. Are there any demands or changes you want made or added."

"Let me check over my old one and I'll get back to you but I'm sure there ain't anything different."

"Aight man but still, if you think of anything, don't hesitate to say."

"Gotcha woe."

"One other thing."

"Man you ain't even gotta worry. I ain't saying a word."

"Oh." August chuckled. "Not that."

"My bad." Kevin did the same.

"Me and the Mrs been talking and we wanted to know if you would like to be baby girl's godfather." He smiled.

"Nigga are you serious?" Kevin got excited.

"Yeah man. You the only one we really trust honestly and we both know you'd have her back like you got ours and yeen on no bullshit."

"Man I would be honored."

Dapping then sharing a hug, both men were happy with the offer and decision. Talking some more, they moved back to the hall where the show would be in a couple hours. As they finished setting up, about to get into the rehearsal, the doors opened and in walked Terrance.

"Yung?"

"Yo!" He looked at T.

"We got a bit of a situation."

"What happened?" He asked as he jumped off the stage.

"Mack is up and she in a fighting mood."

"Man." He sucked his teeth. "Who woke her up?"

"Sean went to talk to her about some work and sis wasn't to pleased."

Hearing it was Sean who woke Mackenzie up and knowing that he wasn't one of his favorite persons at the moment, August was annoyed.

"That's because she don't get no sleep at night because of the baby." He walked off.

Making his way out of the hall and the building, August approached the bus, trying to keep calm. As he got to the door, Sean stood there with the driver, talking.

"Hey Aug. I didn't know she was sleeping. My bad man."

"What was it you had to talk to her about that was so important that you couldn't tell me."