46

"Mmm."

Feeling sudden movement in their bed, August became alert and woke up. Putting his attention on Mackenzie, the way she tossed and groaned, he knew she was having a bad dream.

"Beanie, wake up." He gently rocked her.

A deep sleeper she was, he continued attempts to wake her, till she jumped out of her sleep startled.

"The hell were you dreaming about?" He questioned as she sat up in bed.

Laying her head back on the headboard, she let out a heavy sigh before closing her eyes.

"I'm going for some water." She said, ignoring his initial question.

Sighing as well, he rolled on to his back and just stared into the darkness of the room. Eventually deciding to, he got out of bed and made his way down to the kitchen. Seeing her sitting there with a glass of water in front of her, Mackenzie just stared off into space.

"You alright love."

Startled out of her mind by his touch, she knocked over the glass, spilling the water.

"Whoa!" He pulled back with his hands up. "What got you so jumpy?"

"Nothing. I just didn't hear you come in."

Getting up instantly, she got a towel and began to clean up the spilled water. Observing her movements, he stopped her. Realizing what was going on, he led her over to the dining area and sat.

"Calm down Beanie." He rubbed her shoulders. "Whatever it was, it was just a bad dream. You will be fine."

Exhaling, her body relaxed in his arms. Laying her head on his shoulder, his gentle touch began putting her back to sleep. Once he realized she was asleep, lifting her, he went back up to their room and laid her down. Getting in next to her, he said a prayer, asking God to easy her mind and spirit so she could rest comfortable, before going back to sleep himself.

~••~

"So, I got some time when I'm finished with this assignment, before I head to the studio. You want to do something?"

Looking over her shoulder, Mackenzie gave August her attention while he typed away.

"I actually need to get something to wear for graduation."

"Beanie that's the day after tomorrow."

"I know."

"Aight. Cool. When does Melissa move out here officially?" He glanced at her.

"This weekend. I believe her things come in on the U-Haul on Saturday so I have to be there to receive it. Her flight is Sunday."

"Morning or night?"

"Night."

"Okay cool. You spoke to the building manager already?"

"I'm doing that on Saturday."

"Alright. If anything call me. I know I'm gonna be in the studio all day but still call me."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"How's our spot coming along?"

"I've been looking for furniture and everything we need decor wise."

"Found anything?"

"I have. I just haven't made any orders yet."

"How come?" He looked at her.

"Well. We were going through our situation at the time."

"Oh."

Continuing to cook while he did his school work, August glanced at her as she stood by the kitchen sink. They hadn't spoken about what happened in the early hours of that morning and as much as he wanted to, he knew he needed to wait on her to feel comfortable.