6

Still asleep, after a long night, August got her sisters ready for their day out. The visit thus far has been a memorable one for the girls as well as August and Mackenzie.

"Mack still asleep?" Mila asked while taking her breakfast.

"Yeah." August smirked a little, remembering the night they had.

"Is she sick?" Madi asked.

"Nah, she's just tired."

"Oh okay."

"Eat up." He playfully pinched her cheek before heading into their room.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning and they had plans to take the girls out. Sitting besides her, August gently rubbed her back, in attempts to ease her out of her sleep.

"Beanie? Time to wake up love."

Leaning over her, he placed kisses about her face as she squirmed.

"Mhmm. Not yet babe." She fussed.

"C'mon now baybeh. We got another day out taday."

"Can't we just stay in please."

"You know they gonna be disappointed and how often do you get to see them." He laid with her.

Cuddling in his arms, she took in his scent and smiled. Slipping her hand down the front of his night pants, he chuckled.

"Yeen think ya got enough of that last night." He moved her hand.

"Never."

"Perfect answer. Now, c'mon. Time to get up. I already got breakfast for us. The girls are eating as is."

"Alright, I'm up." She looked at him. "Good morning Bookie."

"Good morning baybeh." He kissed her again. "If ya want, we can stay in this morning and do lunch and the aquarium later."

"So then why did you wake me." She groaned.

"Because you wasn't about to leave me alone with yo sisters knowing they sneaky and like to play tricks on a nigga."

"You deserve it just because you woke me."

"I love you too. Now call your home girl because she's been blowing up your phone."

Patting her on her butt, he walked back out to where the girls were. Announcing the change of plans, Mila asked if they could go to the pool and August saw nothing wrong with that.

"Sky just keep an eye on them okay."

"I will."

As he got his plate and sat, his phone began to ring. Seeing the number, he was a bit skeptical about her reason for calling him.

"August good morning." She spoke in a soft tone.

"Morning Ms. Jacqueline."

"Is Mackenzie around? I was trying to call her but it just kept ringing."

"She's in the shower I believe. You want to leave a message."

"Can you tell her to call me, thanks."

"Sure."

As he was about to hang up, he remembered the emotional state Mackenzie was in Thursday night. Calling out to her before she hung up, he decided to extend the invitation for the aquarium later that day with her.

"Oh, um. I don't know. I don't think Mackenzie would even want me there."

"Either way, they are your daughters ma'am so I say you should at least come spend this time with them."