27

"So we gotta do this and do this clean."

Sitting in the studio in his home, August and McKinley went over their plan.

"You're sure about this?"

"Yeah man. I understand the second guessing it but that nigga deserves to die."

"Alright then." McKinley nodded.

Standing from his seat, he exhaled. As they exited the studio, the sound of the front door opening and closing caught their attention. Making their way up the the hall, they spotted Jacqueline briskly making her way up the stairs.

Glancing at each other, August told McKinley he would meet him by the car before making his way upstairs. Coming up to the room she was staying in, he knocked on the door.

"Ms. J." He called.

"Bathroom!" She yelled back.

"Aight well I'm just checking ya see if ya okay."

"I am." She replied as she opened the door. "I just really needed to go." She laughed lightly. "Heading out?"

"Yeah. There's food in the kitchen and the girls are watching a movie."

"Okay well I'll just join them then."

Looking at her a bit skeptical, August felt like something was up with her.

"Anything else? I was about to take a shower."

"Nah nothing else." He shook his head before leaving.

Smiling at him, she then closed the door and made her way into the bathroom. Once out the house and in the car, August pulled the seat belt and started the engine.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah man." He exhaled and nodded.

Driving out the gates of his home, August and McKinley made their way to where Daniel was supposedly staying. All while driving, he thought whether what they were about to do was the right way to go along with it.

Though he wanted to see Daniel suffer and beg, he didn't want anything to get in the way of his future with Mackenzie.

"What you worrying about?" McKinley asked, shaking him out of his thoughts.

"Yo crazy ass daughta." He chuckled.

"I don't know if I've ever told you this but thank you for loving her. You were the person she needed to get through that childhood she had."

"Don't even mention it man. I was doing what my heart was telling me to do. Honestly it didn't take much fa me to love her."

"Is that right?" McKinley laughed.

"Yeah man. Like from the way she thought and processed shit was just on a different level. She was always a grounded person and she saw me fa me. Plus, like I said, I didn't expect her ya call me up telling me bout she got the twenty or thirty dollars she owed me."

"She did that?"

"That's how we met." He laughed. "I was behind her in a check out aisle and she was short so rather than putting shit back, I offered ta pay the balance and after she fought me down, she eventually took it and promised to pay me back."

"Wow."

"Yeah and when she called me saying she had it something told me this was a person ya need in ya life because if she can insist on paying ya back some small change then she ain't gonna be about anything other than you and who you are."

"That is true." McKinley nodded.

"Man some other shit I was about to tell ya and I done completely forgot." August laughed.