22

"Where are they?"

Standing face to face with Daniel, Mackenzie just stared at him.

"I asked you a question!" His voice rose. "Where are my wife and daughters?"

"They aren't here so I suggest you leave!" She finally spoke.

"Listen you little bitch! I know you took them and I'm not leaving here till you tell me where they are."

As he stepped towards her, removing her hand from behind her back, she sprayed him with the pepper spray she had on her key ring.

Screaming in agony, she shoved him back and quickly closed her door. Attempting to place the chain lock on it, Daniel attempted to force himself back into her apartment.

Latching the chain, she didn't have time to set the alarm. Running up the hall, the sound of her door being broken in startled her. Making it to her room she locked her door and went into her closet.

As she tried to get to the hidden compartment behind her clothes, she attempted to call August. Hearing the door burst open, she dropped her keys. His phone going unanswered she called again as she searched for her keys in the dark, scared.

"Baby answer." She pleaded in fright.

As it rang one last time before going to voicemail, the closet door flew open causing her to scream out. Snatching her by her hair as she was crouched in the closet, he dragged her out.

Screaming and fighting back, she held on to her phone attempting to make another call.

"Time to teach you a permanent lesson."

Pulling her to her feet, using the heel of her hand, she hit him upwards in his nose. Hearing a snap, she managed to escape as he held his nose in pain.

"Fuck!" He yelled.

Pressing August name again, she attempted to escape. Going after her, he caught her and began beating on her. Fighting back, Mackenzie tried her best.

"Bitch!" He yelled, slapping her in the process.

Falling on her coffee table hard, her phone dropped from her grip before she hit the floor. Groaning in pain, she dragged herself over to her couch. Grabbing the vase, she swung with the last of her strength and hit him in his face with it.

Shattering to pieces as it collided with his head, she dropped back. Enraged at this point, Daniel took piece of the broken vase, stabbing Mackenzie instantly.

With her eyes opened wide, she was in immense pain but no sound left her opened mouth. Staring with an evil smirk, Daniel observed as she took what he assumed was he last breath.

Tears streaming down her face, no sound came out her partially opened mouth. Letting go of the protruding piece of ceramic, Daniel got up in pain, dragging himself out of her apartment.

As she laid there trying hard to hold on, the sound of her phone ringing was heard faintly from the other side of the table as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

~••~

"Aight man. One more go and then that's it." August instructed his producer.

Giving him a thumbs up, August began to sing when the music cut off.

"Wassup man?"

"Ya phone is blowing up out here."

Nodding, he removed the headphones before exiting the booth. As he picked up his phone, it rang again.

"Yeah Melissa?"

"Hey, have you spoken to Mackenzie? I've been trying to get on to her but her phone is just ringing."