40

"Ayo, bro!"

Entering the house, Travis called out for his brother as he locked back the door.

"Aug!" He called again but still no response.

Walking in, he cleared the wall and looked into the family room to see Mackenzie laying on the couch asleep. Jogging upstairs, he called for his brother but he wasn't there. Heading back down to where Mackenzie laid, Travis lightly shaking her, he woke her up.

"Mack?"

"Mmm." She stirred in her sleepy state.

"Sis why you curled up down here like this? Whea yung at?"

Helping her sit up, Mackenzie sighed as she finally opened her eyes.

"How long you been asleep down hea? Ya took any medication today?" Travis questioned.

"What time is it?" She questioned.

"A lah bit after one."

"Where's Aug?"

"That's what I just asked you. He ain't hea?"

Finally coming to her senses when he said that, Mackenzie went into a minor panic state.

"Mack calm down." He held her. "What happened?"

"I told him last night and he left."

"He left?"

"Yes." She began to cry again. "I waited up for him but he never came back."

Getting his phone, he presses his brother's contact. Putting it on speaker as it rang, the call went unanswered. Trying a few more times, each attempt failed.

"Go shower and all'lat sis. I'a organize ya lunch and medication."

Complying, Mackenzie made her way upstairs. Sitting on the bed, she exhaled before breaking down again.

"You've really screwed up now Mac." She spoke to herself.

After shedding her tears, Mackenzie got up and changed out of her clothes. Walking into the bathroom area, she stepped into the shower and turned it on. Standing directly below the shower head, she endured the heavy pressure of the water as it fell on her.

Moving around the kitchen, Travis continued to attempt to call his brother. More and more he became frustrated by his lack of answering. Calling a final time, he decided to leave a voice message.

"Hey man, call me as soon as you can."

Placing his phone down, he finished plating out food for himself and Mackenzie. As her meal warmed in the microwave, he sat wondering if he had made the right decision.

Shaken out of his thoughts by the sound of her voice, Travis smiled as Mackenzie entered the kitchen. Removing her plate from the microwave, he set his in as she got two drinks for them, handing him his. Waiting till his was finished, they both sat and ate.

"I'm really sorry." He finally spoke.

"No need to be." She exhaled. "Like you said, I needed to tell him."

"Yeah but if I had known he was gonna walk out, I wouldn't have pressed the issue."

"It is what it is." She sighed then shrugged.

"I know my baby brother. He probably at the studio just letting his feelings out."

"Yeah." Mackenzie mumbled as she played around with her food.

Not having that much of an appetite, she ate enough so she could take her medication. Once she was finished, she cleaned up after herself before making her way up to lay down.