29

"Here we are."

Pulling up his driveway, August shut off his car and turned to Mackenzie. Undoing her seatbelt for her, she turned to him and smiled.

"Home sweet home." He spoke softly before kissing her.

"Home sweet home." She smiled and repeated.

Getting out, he went around and got her door. Taking his time, he helped her out before closing the door.

"Thank you Bookie." She said lowly as she took her time up the porch. "I know I've been saying this but I really do appreciate everything you've done for me."

"Ya welcome baybeh." He chuckled.

Entering the house, it was quiet. Smiling, August led her to the family room area where everyone surprised her.

"Awe you guys." She blushed.

"We're so happy that you're home sis." Skylar hugged her."

"Me too sissy. Now I can spend some time with y'all before y'all leave for school."

"Urgh. Don't remind us." She rolled her eyes before plopping down on the couch.

Laughing at her behavior, they all got into the welcome home celebration. Between her mother and Travis cooking and they all just engaged in conversation, they've been having an enjoyable evening.

"Babe?"

"Mmm?" He looked at her.

Signaling for him to come over to her, he did so, putting his arm around his neck.

"Can you help me over to the bathroom?" She asked softly.

"Of course."

Assisting her in getting up from the couch, everyone watched with smiles on their faces, seeing how they were interacting.

"Y'all need ta mind y'all business and stop staring at me and my girl." August said with his back to them.

"Boy hush and focus on my good sis." Travis answered.

Looking over his shoulder, August glared at him. Making their way to the bathroom up the hall, Mackenzie sighed a bit.

"Don't even worry about it." He kissed her cheek.

Entering, giving her some privacy, Mackenzie took her time and did what she needed to do. Once finished, she washed up.

"Bookie?" She called from in the bathroom.

"Yo?" He answered on the other side of the door.

"Open."

Doing so, he stuck his head in and smiled. Calling him in with her hand, he did so, closing the door behind him.

"Wassup?"

"Nothing. I just wanted some alone time with you." She smiled.

"Is that right?" He smirked.

Taking his time, he carefully lifted Mackenzie, sitting her on the counter. Standing between her legs, he gently caressed her thighs while looking her in her eyes.

"Just beautiful." He smiled.

" He smiled