69

"How long do you think it will take to detach?"

Gently caressing his daughter's full head of hair as she slept, Mackenzie shrugged before answering.

"I read for some it can be the day after and for some it can be a whole week."

Making the decision to keep their daughter attached to the placenta till it detaches on its own was one neither second guessed. After doing research, they went ahead with it.

"I wanna carry around my baybeh, not that." He pointed and scrunched up his face.

Laughing at his reaction, Mackenzie finished eating and just observed how August admired their daughter. Though she was only a few hours old, she was perfect to them.

"We have to name her." Mackenzie spoke.

"Yeah we do."

Leaving their daughter in her bassinet, he joined her in their bed. Sharing what came to mind when she entered the world, they agreed on her first and middle names. Just as they cuddled together, Mackenzie's phone rang. Seeing it was Melissa, she cursed under her breath. So caught up in the birth, they hadn't shared the news with anyone.

"Hey Lissa."

"Hey sis. I'm sorry for calling so late but I need a huge favor."

"What's up?"

"I have an emergency back home and I can't take Ava with me, can I drop her off. I should be back on Sunday."

"Of course. But what happened?"

"Girl, daddy fell going down the stairs and you know my brother don't know shit so he called me panicking."

"Oh my gosh. I hope he's okay."

"Same but you know that man. Stubborn for no dam reason. He doesn't want to go get checked out, talking bout he ain't giving Uncle Sam no more money."

Laughing at his words, they ended the call by Mackenzie saying she had a surprise for her when she came. Making his way downstairs, August told his mother when Melissa got there for them to come up.

Making his way to the kitchen, he fixed something to eat before going back up. Entering the room, he smiled seeing Mackenzie nursing.

"Eyes still closed?"

"All the way shut." She snickered.

"It's like she'on wanna see us."

"She'll opens then eventually Bookie."

Climbing into bed besides her, August kissed their daughter on the crown of her head before running his fingers throw her curly hair.

"She got your hair." Mackenzie smiled.

"Yeah. I still can't believe she's here. She just perfect, like her momma." He looked Mackenzie in her eyes.

"Thank you love."

Leaning in, they shared a kiss.

"No, thank you."

As they laid there while Mackenzie still nursed, there was a knock on the door. Getting up to get it, Mackenzie sat up.

"Hey." Melissa's voice was heard saying.

"Wassup sis." August smiled.

"Why are you smiling like that and where is Mack?"

"Right here."

Opening back the door, Melissa was surprised at the sight of Mackenzie holding her daughter.