77

"How's it going in here?"

Looking up from her daughter asleep in her arms, Mackenzie put her attention on the doorway as her mother stood there.

"She's asleep now. I hope she's okay when she wakes up." Mackenzie sighed.

"Her fever broke at least?"

"Yeah it's down compared to earlier."

"Okay well that's good."

"Yeah. I just hate seeing her cry like that."

"I know honey, but she'll be fine. It's just a little flu and at least you caught it early."

"Mhmm."

"Aug's still at the studio?"

"Mhmm. We had a few clients today so Travis went with him."

"Well that's good. Now how are you feeling?"

"Me?"

"Mhmm." Jacqueline hummed as she took her granddaughter.

"I'm doing good generally."

"Yeah?"

"Yep." Mackenzie nodded as she glanced at them. "I've been managing things better than before so I'm not as tired as I used to be and Aug has been helping out more too."

"Well that's good."

"Yeah."

Sliding off her bed to used the bathroom, Jacqueline went ahead and placed sleeping McKinleigh in her crib then returned to Mackenzie's room. Sensing she wanted to talk, Mackenzie initiated the conversation.

"So what's up?" She sat back on her bed.

"Nothing much." Jacqueline sat and smiled.

"Are you sure? I feel like there's something you want to say." Mackenzie chuckled.

"I'm sure."

"Mommy?" She stared at her.

"Okay, fine. Andrew and I have been talking and I think he's been hinting on me and the girls moving into his place."

"Oh wow. That's soon."

"I feel the same way. I mean, things have been going so good and me and the girls have been bonding, finally enjoying our own space."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Well, he hasn't asked yet but do you think it would look bad if I said no."

"Given the circumstances, no I don't think it would." Mackenzie admitted. "You've just gotten your life back on track, your independence, so it's understandable that you don't want to give it up again."

"Exactly."

"And I think that's what you should tell him he does suggest it."

"Okay." She nodded.

"You've gotten your voice back mommy, don't hold back on using it."

"That's the hard part."

"I know, trust me, I do, but Andrew is into you. From the few times I've interacted with him, I can tell. He's a really sweet guy."

"That worries me sometimes."

"Why?"

"Because that sweet outlook tend to switch up eventually."

"Trust me, with him it won't."

"How do you know?"

Side eyeing her mother, Mackenzie tried to avoid eye contact.