47

"So this is Naiyana and her two boys, Noah and Jacob."

Being introduced to her father's girlfriend and children, Mackenzie greeted them as she closed back the door.

"You have a beautiful home." Naiyana complimented.

"Thanks." August was heard saying as he made his way down the stairs.

"This is my fiancée..."

"August Alsina." Noah said before she could finished.

"What's up man." They dapped.

After all the formal introductions, Mackenzie showed them to the two rooms they would be staying in. Walking into the kitchen, quiet, she helped her mother with Thanksgiving meal.

"You okay sweetie?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

Glancing at her daughter, not saying anything, she approached her and gave her a side hug, kissing her on her temple.

"I love you. You'll get through this."

"Thank you mommy." She took a deep breath and exhaled.

Entering the kitchen with her father, Jacqueline put her attention on them.

"Mind if I help?" Naiyana asked.

Looking at her then at her mother, Jacqueline shrugged lightly before Mackenzie agreed. Shortly after, August's mother, sister and sister in laws came in. With the extra hands, they were moving at a good pace, getting everything done.

"So how have you been Jacqueline?" Sheila asked.

"Great by the grace of God." She smiled.

"Amen to that." Sheila raised her hands dramatically as they laughed.

"And how have the girls been readjusting?"

"Mila and Maddison are readjusted nicely, Skylar." She paused. "Skylar is coming along but being a preteen." She chuckled.

"How old is she?" Naiyana asked.

All becoming quiet, they looked at Jacqueline then her.

"Thirteen." Jacqueline answered.

"Ah. Same age as my Noah." She nodded.

"Oh okay." Jacqueline responded.

"That's the same age as Chaylin as well." Chandra spoke.

"You have a thirteen year old?" Naiyana asked surprised.

"Yep. My daughters and hers are basically the same ages." Chandra and Jacqueline laughed.

"Wow. You don't look like you have any, let alone three."

"Girl because they keep my busy. Between Chaylin's stubborn ass and band practice and Amaiya dancing and Kayden's gymnastics, I be tired."

"Oh yeah. That can be a lot."

"Yup."

"All good in here ladies?" August came in being nosey.

"Get out of the kitchen August!" His mother told him.

"I don't understand how you be bossing me around in MY house."

Glancing over her shoulder at him, Mackenzie went back to the pies she was seeing about. Approaching her from behind, he hugged her and kissed her on her cheek. Giving him a tight lip smile, they shared a simple kiss before he left the kitchen.

"So Mackenzie?" Naiyana called. "You ready to be a wife?"

"Yeah. You ready to sign away to my big headed son for life?" Sheila joked.