61

"Time to wake up Beanie

"Time to wake up Beanie."

Kissing her all over her face, Mackenzie squirmed as she tried to sleep.

"Not yet please." She groaned.

"Yes babe, or we're gonna be late for your appointment." He rubbed her back.

Tired, she eventually opened her eyes and looked at August. Sighing, she said a silent prayer then proceeded to get up. Tired due to lack of sleep from the night before, she moved slowly.

"You want to ask the doctor for something to help you sleep?"

Standing in the doorway of their bathroom, August asked as she got her tooth brush.

"No." She shook her head. "I want to go through this with no medication aside from my prenatal vitamins."

"I understand that Mack but you need your sleep, especially when she is draining your energy."

"I'll get some sleep on the plane babe." She answered with her toothbrush in her mouth.

Sighing, August left her to get dressed. From their appointment, they were heading to the airport. For the spring break, they had decided to take her sisters and his nieces to California. All six girls have been doing well in school and they wanted to treat them for their hard work.

Exiting the bathroom, Mackenzie walked over to August and simply hugged him from behind. Slightly flinching by her touch as he was caught off guard, he chuckled as he rubbed her hands.

"I love you." She told him.

"I love you too Beanie."

Turning around to face her, she looked up at him with glassy eyes. Knowing she was really tired from the sleepless nights she been having, he just hugged her.

"This is just part of it that we will get through ma. Stop crying." He kissed her forehead.

"Mhmm." She nodded as he wiped her tears away.

After her moment, the couple got dressed and headed out. Deciding to pick up breakfast on the way, they stopped at her favorite bistro and got something, eating while on the way.

"Feeling better?" August asked as he rubbed her thigh.

"Yeah."

"Aight."

Sitting in the waiting room, Mackenzie checked her emails and responded to a few till her name was called. August had gotten the okay on his tour and she was in the process of getting everything done. From ticket art work to confirmation on venues and hotels.

"Mackenzie?"

Looking up from her iPad, she smiled when she saw the nurse. Taking the iPad from her, they both got up and made their way up the hall. Upon entering, their doctor was there waiting with her file.