55

"Mmmm."

Stirring in her sleep, Mackenzie felt around for August. Realizing she was in bed alone, she opened her eyes. Rolling onto her back, she stared at the ceiling and exhaled. Saying a morning prayer, she attempted to get up but she just didn't have the zeal to do so.

"Come on Mack." She coached herself. "You can do this."

Stretching for her phone, she checked the time then finally pushed herself to get up. Making back their bed, she then stripped and made her way to the bathroom. Turning on the shower, allowing it to heat up, she turned on so music and got into her routine.

Once finished with her face, she got in. Standing directly below the shower, she allowed the water to fall directly on her. Singing along to Maroon 5 as Girles like you played, she made the effort to lift her spirits.

Reentering their suite, hearing the shower going, August knew she was awake. Holding the door open as Antonio pushed in the trolley.

"Babe?" Mackenzie called, hearing the door closed.

"Yeah baybeh. Take ya time." He responded.

"So this mood change, it's a regular thing?" Antonio asked as he placed the case of flowers and stuff on where August directed.

"Kind of." August looked at him. "She been through something traumatic and we're getting back to how things once were, but every now and then this happens. I'm not mad though."

"You ever wonder if things shouldn't be how things once were?" He asked.

"What you mean?" August gave him his full attention.

"From personal experience, when you put emphasis on getting back to how things once was, you lose focus on what new the Lord wants for you."

"Huh? I never thought about that."

"Neither did I."

Turning in the direction her voice came, both August and Antonio paused.

"Morning Beanie." August smiled brightly as he approached her.

"Morning babe." She kissed him. "Morning Antonio. What mess he got you up too?" She laughed a little.

"Good morning Mackenzie and well it's all in the love for you." He smiled.

Stepping to the side, Mackenzie was able to see the large arrangement of roses along with a stuffed bear and balloons. Putting her attention on him, Mackenzie looked up at August with this look in her eyes.

"Give us a minute Antonio." August said before leading her back to their room. "Talk to me baybeh." He sat, sitting her on his lap.

"I'm not ready to go back." She admitted with tears falling as she blinked. "The thought of going back to Atlanta is just." She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"I understand love." He hugged her.

"And going to Jersey is another stressing thought."

"Maybe Antonio is right. Maybe we've been blocking that change for our good."

"So what do we do?"

"What we are going to do is make the most of these few days and when we get home, we will sit and discuss our next move."

"Okay."

"Good." He kissed her cheek. "Now come on. We gotta head for breakfast."

"We're not ordering in?" Mackenzie asked as they reentered where Antonio stood.

"No ma'am." Antonio shook his head. "Ready?" He looked at August?"

"Yup." He nodded.

Leading the way, August and Mackenzie followed behind Antonio. Making sure their room was secure, they made their way to the elevator that was waiting on them.