CHAPTER ONE

"Neuza, you need to move on

"Neuza, you need to move on. Are you still hung up on-"

"We promised we were never, ever saying his name again. So stop Mara right now before I get mad at you."

His name is banned from anywhere I'm around.

He decided to leave. He doesn't get to exist in my world.

"It's been three years and you... girl, I'm calling a spade a spade, you don't want to be anywhere he used to be."

"Of course I don't. Why would I?"

Sounds smart to me.

"It's Jaylen's birthday. He loves Billionaires Playground. We all used to so... why are you dragging your feet on going?"

"Because WE used to all love Billionaires Playground including him. Therefore, I am not going. End of sentence. End of story. End of conversation."

"Neuza!"

That's me!

And I have a headache. Amara and I have been going back and forth, forth and back about Jaylen's birthday location for twenty minutes.

This year he decided he wanted to hold it in a location on the blocked list and that just told me he doesn't want be there.

I don't care.

I'm not going.

He and I used to go there. We had a thousand moments there. I'm not going.

It's been three years but, I don't want to think about him.

I was so dumb and head over heels for... a dog. A dog who left its owner.

"It's your friend's birthday!"

"And my friend remembered for the consecutive years not to celebrate anywhere on the banned list. He made his choice."

Jaylen wants to ruin our friendship, he can and did.

I always knew he liked his freen anyways. Even when he did what he did, Jaylen defended him. Talking about, there must be a reason.

Fuck his reason.

Relax... I'm getting mad all over again thinking about it. That's why I just don't think about him.

Or... I try not to.

"Neuza," Amara started kneeling in front of me, "please. This is crazy. What about... you go for an hour, we sing happy birthday to Jaylen and you're gone?"

"Am-"

"Pleaseeeee," she begged, "we have been friends since kindergarten. We have never spent a birthday apart. It would be silly to stop being friends over this. Jaylen would be hurt if you didn't attend."

"Jaylen shouldn't have booked that location! If he's my friend why would he book it there?"

Now I'm the bad guy Chun-Li? Fuck out of here.