CHAPTER FOUR

-FIVE YEARS AGO-

-FIVE YEARS AGO-

"Where is Jaylen?"

"Girl with his grown friends," Amara replied chewing her gum. "Maybe college is where we drift apart. He doesn't want to be seen with us lately."

"Girl stop, Jaylen is just a year older so maybe he's just made other friends. The friendship is solid."

Is it though?

Jaylen has been so busy lately. Like yeah he is a year older and yes, he does have a different workload but... what about us?

We have been the three musketeers since I can remember and suddenly he's taking hours to reply to the group chat...

Is this what people call drifting?

I do miss my bestie.

"I don't give a fuck about Jaylen. He can kiss my as-"

"Wowwwww, is this how you guys do me behind my back," Jaylen asked pretending to be hurt. He squeezed himself between us forcing us to accommodate him on the small park bench.

He was six three and going to the gym so Amara and I were squashed on this park bench.... Not that he cared.

"Boy fuck you," Amara cussed him out, lightly knocking him up the head. "What happened to your phone? You too good for us now?"

"Yeah Mr Jaylen-on-the-beat-so-it's-not-nice! What's your problem?! Why haven't we seen you?"

"I'm sorry guys," he apologised squeezing us both into a hug. Amara and I tried getting out whilst he held on purposely.

"Jaylennnnnn, my hair," I whined as he laughed.

"Anyways my little buggers," he continues, "I'm sorry. College has been hard. Balancing life, friendships and everything else has been a work in progress but, I love you two. You know this."

"Well, show us we're important then," Amara mumbled. "You know girls need attention don't do us like that. Just going ghost on us..."

"Okay let me make it up to you guys... there's a party tonight. And you two can be only fresh meat there. How is that for sorry?"
...

It is very good for a sorry.

Amara and I were looking for a good stress relief. This party was just the solution. And even better if we're the only first years going.

Amara and I strutted there like we owned the place. It's not every day that you get an exclusive access to Vinnie's party.

Well... for others, not us.

Vinny is white. But Vinny is also Italian so... make your own judgements. He is a very wild guy. Very crazy. There are rumors that his family is part of a mafia and I believe it.

Vinny does some wild shit. No one even knows his full name.

But he's also the best guy for parties. And he happens to be a very good friend of Jaylen's.

"What's up pretty girls," a drunk Vinny asks throwing his arms around mine and Amara's shoulders. "I've been telling Jaylen to invite you two but he's overprotective. I'm glad you could make it though."

"What's up Vinnie," Amara giggled giving him eyes. You know the eyes.... Very coy and giving, she wants Vinny or whatever.

I'm not mad at it.

Amara is a fine babe. Thick as fuck and a motherfucking stallion. Plus her hair, her nails and her fashion sense are on point.

And Vinny isn't ugly. His brown hair and blue eyes do it for any girl. Plus his features were giving modellll and he's tall - pretty much the same height as Jaylen. And he works out. And he has money.

Nothing less for my freen.

I always see him looking at Amara too whenever Jaylen isn't paying attention.

They have chemistry or whatever.

"What's up Amara," he matched her tone giving her his complete attention. "You look good tonight. I haven't seen yo-"

"Before you two start flirting in my space, I'm going to move around," I announced joking around. "I'm going to make friends. Bye!"

Amara and Vinny laughed. I left them to their own devices.

I'm a smart girl. I'm not going to drink weird drinks and... it's a party. I want to socialise with the girls. See cute boys and have a good time.

That wallflower, shy girl shit is not a vibe.

I don't understand people who go to parties to be scared and bad vibes like... stay home.

"Oh my god! Hiiiiii Neuza," I heard a voice say.

I turned around and fake smiled as I hugged Agnes. "Hi Nessa girl, I didn't know you were going to be here!"

It was shady but it wasn't.

Nessa is such a weird nickname for a person named Agnes but chile I guess. She was the girl in school who just wanted to be in everyone face. She just wants to know everything and be in everything.

"Girl my cousin just barely sneaked me in," she revealed laughing. "She knows someone who knows someone who knows Vinny's friend. You know how it is."

"Yeah girl. I know." Girl... I don't.

"Anyways," she brushed it off, "have you meet my friend?"

The girl next to her suddenly became visible. I'm not a hating ass bitch. She's cute or whatever. Average height, pretty face and a pretty smile.

"Hi, im Neuza," I smiled stretching out my hand.

"Nice to meet you," she returned my smile with one of her own shaking my hands. Her smile came through her eyes and it was pretty. "My name is Sunyoung. I'm from the Harvard campus."

Toodles to you bitch.

"Gosh I thought I made it when I made it into MIT but Harvard is the real flex," I gassed as she smiled harder. Here go your flowers girl. "But.... What are you doing at an MIT party?"

"Oh I met Nessa at a random fresher party and she invited me."

Tag along. It's giving follower but, I don't hang out with Nessa so the chances of seeing sis are slim.

Anyways, a party is to part-tay!

Throughout the night I met a few more girls and twerked the night away. At some point I got really drunk so I could only remember glimpses of me dancing on Mara and driving the boat with a few girls.

It was a good night.

If only I knew that, that night would set the wheels in motion for the wildest period of my whole life.