CHAPTER FIVE

A bouquet of Dahlias

Along with red roses and other roses that signified love. Just the most beautiful bouquet I have ever seen. I've always loved red, pink and white flower arrangements.

Just quietly waiting at the door of my apartment door.

I know exactly who did this.

It could have only been him.

He always had a habit of giving me flowers... in every single colour and arrangement that expressed his feelings.

Because I said I liked flowers.

One thing about Ha- him... he is never going to let me forgot he is around. Throughout the three years he was gone, he has never missed my monthly flowers.

Always big, expensive arrangements.

Even if we didn't see each other, he didn't break his promise of getting me flowers every month.

I don't know but no matter how mad I am at him, I could never throw away the flowers.

That's why it felt like second nature to bring this bouquet in and place the fresh flowers in the empty vase. He always sends them on the last Friday of the month so... it also became second nature to replace my flower vase at that time.

He just pushes into my life without permission or consideration.

I can't stand him.

"Tell your friend to stop sending me flowers Jaylen. Don't act like you don't talk to him. Just tell him to stop," I rushed out as soon as Jaylen answered my call.

".... First, good evening to you," Jaylen sluggishly replied after a good minute sounding like he was asleep. "Secondly, what?"

"You know what."

"Neuza get the fuck out of my face.... You woke me up for this? You know how many bitches in my DM asking for flowers? Tighten up."

See... this that mean shit people be talking about. Boy best friends don't be understanding that girls are delicate.

"Who you cussing a-"

"You. Now, we done?"

"Bitch we not. You're gonna tell him to stop or what?"

"Neuza," Jaylen dramatically sighed smacking his lips. "When have you seen anyone tell Ha-... him what to do and he just goes with it? That nigga do what he wanna do every single time."

True.

"Okay but I don't want him to sen-"

"Girl shut up and stop lying. You know you love that you have Ha-... him stuck on you like diarrhoea in between big ass cheeks."

Is he... ok? This is a fucked up analogy.

"Um.... Chile anyways.... So.... What has he been saying to you lately?"

"About what? You?"

I mean... I'm not asking about his thoughts on the weather. Of course it's his thoughts about me but... they can't know that.

"No," I answered quickly. "About... life."

"Neuza, I'll talk to you later bruh. I don't have time for this. You might as well call him if you want to know what he's saying."

"Ja-," I yelped, "did he just hang up on me?!"

I stared at the phone like it'd grow legs before quickly dialling Amara to tell her all about this interaction.

Jaylen is getting too brave.
....

"Vinnie said what?!"

"Girl I fucking know?! Sometimes he thinks it's a game. Does he know who the fuck I am?"

"Girl he must not know," I instigated as Amara crunched on another Dorito through the FaceTime screen. "If you told Vinny don't go to the club, he should not have been there. Fuck is his problem?"

The conversation I had with Jaylen was only a quick tea spill. The tea on Amara and Vinny was givingggg tonight. And I wanted to talk about that.

Fuck Jaylen and his bestie.

"Okay fair enough I said I wasn't going to be at the club that weekend but... he said he wouldn't be there! So how was his white ass there?! Riddle me that!"

"Girlllll, if two plus two is four... and four plus four is eight.... Why is one plus one equalling five?"

"And he has the audacity to act to snatch me up as I was twerking on Janae. Ohhhh I could've fucked him up," she ranted.

Janae ratchet ass always wanna be outside. She ain't got no man and lowkey always want everyone to get in trouble with their man. She is fun but... it's giving set up most of the times.

But... she has a fat ass. And when she's drunk she's a good time.

Ugh, idk how I feel about Janae.

"And why didn't you?"

"Because he started cussing me out in Italian and suddenly I'm getting ate the fuck out on the backseat of the Cayenne bitch."

Damn... when was the last time I was ate out?

"Ughhhhhh.... I remember when Ha- he would go bilingual on me... that accent could ruin panties."

"And you know what Neuza.... I bet you I don't go to the club this weekend. I'm gonna sit at home waiting for my man. Friday night I am there cooking pasta from scratch how he like it."

"You and Vinnie just be wildin."

"And imma stick beside mine."

I know that's right bitch.