CHAPTER THIRTY

- FOUR YEARS AGO -

- FOUR YEARS AGO -

Sometimes, you shouldn't let anyone convince you to leave your house.

Because there's always some bullshit outside.
...

"Girl it's going to be funnn," Amara tried hyping me up as we both stepped into the house party. "
You'll feel better once you start shaking some ass."

Some random girl from Amara's department was throwing a party. For what? We'll never know. But then again, does a university student need a reason to party?

I didn't really want to come but Amara really wanted us to come out and just have fun. And she's my friend so if she wants to shake some ass, I'll be there.

That's what being a girl's girl means.

"Girl I'll need a drink to even start getting through this," I whisper yelled over the music as she giggled. Amara excused herself saying she'd be back quickly with some drinks.

I sat on the couch just scrolling through my phone as I waited for Amara. I even replied to a text from Hajoon sending him the party address and telling him I'm ok.

Just for my safety and he always stays up until I get home.

Honestly, just perfect.

"Some girls only show off in front of their man."

I know exactly who that voice belongs to.

I know what ages trying to do.

I'm going to let her live.

"She's acting like she can't hear me but, her dude is on my b-"

I tried.

"He's on your what," I questioned cutting Sunyoung off as I stood up turning around to face her. "Girl he can't get his head out of my ass so, how could he ever be on your body?"

"Is that we were studying together by ourselves last Tuesday," she instigated with Nessa slow ass gasping next to her. At this point people had gathered around and started being messy.

"But he was face timing me because he was hanging out with Jaylen from the moment he left his lesson," I bit back looking at her like she's crazy. "Was the study date in your dreams stupid?"

"Don't speak to her like that," Nessa jumped in trying to step to me.

"You better step the fuck back out of my sister's face before I handle you," Amara calmly stated putting the drinks down and tying her hair. "You step to her again Nessa and I'm handling you."

Period.

"Is this your bodyguard? I'm confused."

"You don't worry about her," I stepped to Sunyoung not even caring about anything else. "She's not stepping in, I'm handling you by myself."

"Then do something," Sunyoung pushed my shoulder really hard.

I cocked my hand back before I felt strong arms pulling me back. Literally snatched up in the middle of action. I saw Amara's face before I heard the voice and at that moment I knew I had fucked up.

"What did I say to you Neuza," the deep voice spoke furiously. I looked up to see Hajoon's eye look back at me with sharpness.

"Well what do you expect me to do," I bit back in an irritated tone, "she won't stop trying to mess with me! She literally started it."

"It's not my fault you're violent," Sunyoung replied in a smug tone. "All I said is-"

"Come on," Hajoon ignored Sunyoung pulling me away. "Come on Amara, you too."
...

Hajoon drove in silence as I kept glancing at Amara through the mirror. She mouthed a few times to me that I'm in trouble as I rolled my eyes.

Hajoon stopped in front of our apartment complex. He held my seatbelt in place before I could press the button.

"Are you going to be okay going in or you want me to walk you Amara?"

"I'm cool big bro," she replied quickly getting out. "I'll see you tomorrow honey cakes."

As soon as Neuza was out of sight, I turned to him with a light scoff. "I wanna go to bed so-"

"You can sleep at my house."

I stayed quiet for the rest of the journey and as soon as I stopped I got out of the car entering the luxury apartment complex without waiting for Hajoon.

I literally know all the codes. Because he gave them to me.

"You're not waiting for me," he asked sarcastically as I continued scrolling on my phone. "Why are you ignoring me?"

"Because you snatched me up in front of everyone!"

"So I should have let you fight," he asked in a calm tone sitting next to me on the couch. "You shouldn't even have been doing any of that."

I crossed my arms sighing. Hajoon pulled gently  me so that I ended up laying across his lap before he gave my ass a firm slap. It didn't really hurt because he had slapped my ass harder... way harder.

"Hajoon," I gasped in shock. "What the fuck?"

"I told you next time you did this you were getting spanked," he informed serenely delivering a further two slaps.

I started crying and he immediately stopped getting me to sit on his lap as he held me. He stroked my head gently as I held on to him.

"I know it didn't hurt so why are you crying baby? What's wrong?"

"It's ju-just... I don't know why she keeps trying me- I love you... I really love you it's hard for me when she keeps saying stuff."

"I love you too," he replied straight away wiping my tears. "Don't let her get to you. You know everything she's saying is a lie. Don't give her the reaction she wants."

Wait... did he just say-

"What did you say," I asked him wanting to hear it again. At this point, fuck that girl. I need to make sure my man said what I heard him say.

"I love you crybaby," he reaffirmed with a smile. "So... don't get into fights about what girls say because... I only love you."