CHAPTER TWO

I turned around and my world stopped

In a good or bad way, I don't know yet.

But it could only be Hajoon. Because... he said that if I called for him, he would be here. But I called him every night the first two years he left and he never came.

My eyes met his brown eyes and... it felt like our world. It was a familiar feeling.

He could always make the world feel like it was just us two.

"What the fuck is your problem," the other guy angrily asked making Hajoon stare down at him. Hajoon has always been too tall, he just towers over other guys easily.

I used to call him my personal giant because he was over six foot two, probably six foot four.

"She said to get off her, I helped you. You're welcome," he lazily smiled with one hand in his pocket and the other patting the guys head. "Now get out of my sight before I forget my angel is watching."

"Wha-"

Hajoon signalled to the nearby security and they quietly and seamlessly took a confused Daniel away. The whole altercation didn't catch a lot of attention so the people looking went back to their own thing.

"Ang-"

"What are you doing here?"

Maybe it was icier than I intended but I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I would do if I ever saw Hajoon again.

The first year, I was certain I would run into his arms crying like a fool. Holding onto him like he would slip into thin air again. We'd spend countless days and nights after making love and whispering sweet words to each other.

The second year, I thought I'd slap him first and kiss him until we both ran out of air. I was certain I'd never let him go. We'd fuck like animals day and night until we had nothing left to give and then... he'd tell me he loves me every second.

The third year... I no longer wanted to see him. I didn't want to hear him. The thought of him touching me made me anxious. And... I didn't want to hear I love you from him.

"Neuza," he murmured taking a step closer to me. He was close enough to touch me but didn't. "We should talk."

"About what? There is nothing to talk about."

"I know everything happened-"

"You left. That is the start and end. Get out of my way, right now," I asked. More like ordered.

"And if don't," he challenged putting his hands in his pockets. He stared down at me with that look.

The look that made me feel smaller than I was. The look that made me want to.... Make it up to him. Even in this moment, my body reacted in ways I didn't want it to but can you blame me?

Hajoon has always been a dominating force of nature. A look to make you do what he wants. A warning tone of voice that makes you straighten up.

But I'm not backing down.

Wet panties or not, I am not that girl anymore.

It is not his world anymore.

"You will," I stepped up closing a bit more of the gap between us crossing my hands. "I told you to move so, move."

"Neuza-" he started with a smile. Probably amused by my defiance.

"I hate you," I interrupted making his smile falter. "I never want to see you again. You were gone for three years, don't show up again."

I stepped around him before exiting the club.
....

"Girl, you told him you hated him?!"

"And did Amara," I told her getting hype again. "Told him to be gone as well." Amara and I cackled like crazy women.

The old me could have never.

But the new me, did.

"It's the audacity for me."

"Like yes thank you for saving me but, for him to try and speak to me? After what he did? Like did he forget?"

"Girl he didn't these niggas ain't shit. He thought he could get some pussy off your initial whiplash."

"He will never get any fr-"

"Never? Come on Neuza. Never is a long time. If he grovels for a while then maybe.... Not your heart, just your punani."

.... No.

"Girl he can get dust from me. He can't even get me to hold a pocket pussy for him."

I will never forgive him. Ever.

"Jaylen the bitch was all bro this and bro that. I think he knew. He must have and you know Jaylen went to Korea right? Recently too."

DJ stop the beat.

"Jaylen went to Korea for what?! I never knew this."

"He said he went last month to work with some K-pop companies but I'm starting to think it's 35% cap."

"Girl... do you think-"

"Yeah girl. He did show me him in the studio but he also meet he-who-has-no-name there and probably planned this."

"I am.... Going to strangle Jaylen and then kill him because.... What the fuck?"

"These men ain't loyal."

"Girl you knew this and didn't tell me? What the hell Amara? I would've connected the dots."

"Girl he told us in the group chat about the trip. I told you to unmute the GC but you only listen when the worst happens. Well I just assumed you had read it. Maybe now you'll listen to me. Unmute. The. Group chat."

I searched the term Korea on the Gc and clear as day there was the conversation. Fuck, I wanted to complain that no one tells me shit.

"I know you wanted to complain but you went and typed on the key words and found the conversation.... Girl you're a clown."

"And you're the circus. I guess we come as a set bitch."