CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

-SIX HOURS EARLIER-"Sir, Mr Wonsik has received the gift

-SIX HOURS EARLIER-
"Sir, Mr Wonsik has received the gift."

"Did you make him aware of the conditions to his new Hawaii villa?"

Mr Kim leaned in before giving me news that genuinely brought a smile to my face.

"The National Defence department has agreed to be fully cooperative in this matter."

This is my version of the purge.

I was also pleased that the minister was sending very competent people to help me deal with Namjoon. I sat in the private room of the sky scrapper restaurant looking towards the window as I waited for my guest of honour.

She is going to unravel this whole situation for me.

"Sir the people downstairs have announced that our guest of honour is in."

"Is that so? Everyone get out but Mr Kim. Make sure to welcome our guest in properly."

"It's been a while for us, hasn't it Hajoon," the gentle voice spoke. But I knew a snake when I saw one. Her gentle smile and channel outfit couldn't hide how evil or spiteful she could get.

The mother of my siblings had definitely made me aware at every step that my father should have regretted being with my mother and having me.

She couldn't stand that he held me in a higher regard.

"It has been too long ma'am," I smiled as she sat down. "I thought we could catch up."

"I'm not sure over what but-"

"Could you help me understand these documents," I cut her off signalling Mr Kim to hand her a folder. Colour drained more and more from her face as she gently shut the folder with a smile after only reaching the fourth page.

"I didn't realise I needed a lawyer present."

"Father really laundered a lot of money through you and your family," I gasped in fake shock. "I do feel like it is my duty to report-"

"You were always a brat," she laughed without humor. "You and your mother never had class."

"Where is your son?"

I glared at her as she returned the same look.

"He did tell me he was taking a trip but... are we obligated to bend to you? I don't believe I have to tell you about my son."

"I thought you'd be nicer to me," I sighed resting my head on my palm. "I guess going to jail for corruption doesn't scare you... is it because you told your son that after this little stunt, he'd be chairman?"

"It's rightfully his position so, if you want your little girlfriend in one piece, I suggest you render to Ceaser what is rightfully his."

"What if I just kill you right now?"

"Excuse me?"

The colour drained from her face as her confident smile faltered. I tapped my fingers on the table as Mr Kim flashed the gun inside of his coat pocket.

Her eyes darted between us in shock.

I know right... guns in Korea. Just unheard of. But for her and her son, I'm willing to go to any length.

"I don't know why you thought you were called to bargain. I can just kill you but I am running out of patience."

"Have you lost your mind?!"

"Yes I have," I admitted with a smile. "Because you and Namjoon have crossed the line. So it's your move."

"What's in it for me if I help you out?"

Dirty bitch.

She doesn't even love her children.

"You get to wake up tomorrow if you don't die in your sleep tonight."
...

Jeju Islands, huh?

Right under my nose and that irritates me more. I didn't know he had recently brought that property either but, I won't make the same mistake of letting Namjoon run amok.

The car pulled up to a hidden villa before Mr Kim ordered the car to stop.

Neuza's distinctive screaming voice yelled out as a man pulled on her roughly.

"Shoot him."

I immediately pushed her head into my chest preventing her from looking at the man's brain splattered on the concrete.

I looked down to see her bare feet on the pavement. Her clothes weren't warm at all and looked a bit messed up.

That's three strikes.

"Jump up angel." The thought of her bare feet on the floor was starting to make my head boil. Mr Kim rushed to hand me the blanket as I covered her.

I noticed that her cheek looked a bit swollen and red and that made me feel like flipping the car over.

No one was making it out of this alive.

"What's wrong with your face? Who hit you?"

Her wide eyes stared up at me as she bit her lip softly. She held onto my sleeve and I just felt relieved to be looking at her.

It did seem like she was harmed but, an eye for an eye.

"Have you eaten? Have you been sleeping okay? I really missed you."

How could she worry about me? Truly an angel... I don't even think I deserve her.

"How are you and the baby?" My hand made its way to her stomach as she smiled. Every time I find out I'm a father, it is wrapped around in drama but this time, I hope my child is okay.

"The baby was braver than me," she grinned as I brought her small hand to my lips giving it a gentle kiss. "But we both want to go home with you now."

And as much as I wanted to never let her out of my sight again, I had business to handle. It took a few tears to convince her and willpower for me to stay there as I watched her drive away but, a father is the head of the household.

I trusted Mr Kim.

"We prepared the stage sir," one of my men. I nodded before turning and walking toward the house.

Time to get my lick back.