CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

The man I had put in charge of the finding Neuza task force slid a folder over to me before straightening up

"On the day Miss went missing, one of our private jets made a flight."

"To where," I asked flicking through the sheets. What was the name of my usual pilot doing here? Seems like I hadn't cleaned house properly.

"It flew to Macau before taking an unnamed route."

"How is this an update," I asked looking at him. I threw my folder across the desk running my fingers through my hair trying to calm down.

But it was getting harder and harder to be calm. Especially because I was approaching the one week mark.

At this point, I know Namjoon is responsible for this. He was the only one who had gone off the grid.

But it's hard to find a needle in a haystack. The whole world was our playground.

And my guilt was growing every second because Amara wouldn't stop crying. My family once again... fuck. I know Jaylen was starting to get antsy and anxious as well but he was the one keeping Neuza's family from finding out.

"Find the route in the next three hours or I don't even know what I'll do to any of you." The man bowed slightly before hurrying out of the room.

"Sir-"

"When was the last time you took initiative to see me," Suryeon smiled bursting into the room. She sat in front of me grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "Big sister was starting to feel lonely."

"You have one chance Suryeon."

"Excuse me?"

"You have one chance to be useful to me because I decided that I have to clean house again."

"Oh, did something happen to an-"

"What did Namjoon do," I cut her off already irritated with her presence.

"What did he do," she questioned back with a fake confused expression.

I stood up getting close to Suryeon. I bent to eye level with her smiling slightly.

"People are going to start going missing," I stated calmly. "To be found in Imjim river floating... I'm thinking deformed and faceless to never be identified... have you ever been to Imjin, Suryeon?"

"Am I... being threatened," Suryeon asked bitting her lip before catching herself. She seemed a bit shaky and that wasn't the usual for her but... right now, anyone that couldn't help me, wasn't doing much in the world.

"No," I smiled gently picking a piece of fluff out of her hair before flicking it from my hand. "Because you're going to side with me."

"And if I don't?"

"Then I guess there's nothing I can do, I'll have my team downstairs escort you to your destination."

"And where is that, little brother," she asked tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Where else? Hell."
...

"Book the flight Mr Kim," I stated exiting the car.

Suryeon had given me some useful information and I had a clear destination to go.

I was going to make Namjoon dance in the palm of my hand this time and show him the difference in both of us once and for all.

"What's wrong Jaylen," I opened my door finding Jaylen standing there. Earlier he had called stating that someone really wanted to see me so I instructed him to wait at my house.

"I'm sorry bro, I couldn't-"

"Where's my daughter?"

I stood almost frozen to be standing face to face with Neuza's mother for the first time. Her father stood up from the sofa and also looked at me with a worried expression.

"I know she would never go this long without calling," she continued tearfully as Neuza's father wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Is she hurt? Is she in a bad situation? Did something happen to her? Please, tell me what is going on."

I felt my mouth open and close before I closed my eyes. I didn't even know what to say.

What can I tell them?

"My daughter... she's okay right? Have you done anything to her," Neuza's father asked with an angry expression. "Bring her to me right now."

"I'm so-"

"Fuck! What have you done," her father yelled out as he grabbed me by the collar. Her mom and Jaylen sprung into action getting the man yelling at my face to let go.

I don't think I could breathe in that moment.

Maybe I deserved it. Because I hadn't taken care of Neuza properly.

"Uncle please," Jaylen pleaded. "Hajoon is working on it, she'll be here-"

"Didn't I tell you to take care of her as your little sister," the man angrily cut off Jaylen. "How did this happen? Where is my daughter?"

Neuza's mom looked into my eyes grabbing my hand.

"I know you didn't hurt her because you love her as much as she loves you... you'll bring her back right? Whatever happened, she'll be back right?"

"I'll bring her back," I promised squeezing my hand. "I promise. I know I haven't done anything to earn it but, please trust me."

"She gets cold easily," she stated in a small voice. "And she says she's strong but she's really sensitive and needs hand holding."

"I know she likes her hand held," I smiled as her mother returned it with her own. "I know she gets cold too."

I've never meet her in person but she is as pretty as Neuza is. And she just feels so calming.

"Next time, you don't let her away from your sight."
...

"Mr Kim, give me five minutes alone."

I entered the car sitting down before sighing. I managed to calm Neuza's parents down and I even gave them ways to get in contact with me or anyone related to me.

I sat back before I felt a tear roll down my face.

I don't even know if her or the baby is okay... I'm never forgiving anyone responsible.