CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"This is weird

"This is weird."

"Yeah it is."

Really weird.

"So, why have you asked to see me? No offence, we don't have a lot of topics to talk about alone."

"You're right but, we have a really important one. You're Neuza's best friend so you're the only person I can ask for help, Amara."

I'm not too proud to ask for help when it comes to this.

I feel like since our parking lot conversation, Neuza has been avoiding me. I don't want to cross any boundaries and force encounters right now but, it's hard when she keeps cancelling last minute.

Three weeks ago she told Jaylen last minute she couldn't come to the club because her nail broke. The week before that, she didn't want to come to friend's with Jaylen and Amara lunch because her hair appointment was at the same time.

I don't want to make her uncomfortable but it's driving me crazy that I can't see her. The stuff Jaylen invites me too is the only way I can interact with her.

It's all driving me crazy.

So before I lose it, I asked Amara to meet me at my office. I have my sources, it wasn't hard to get her number in a way that is inconspicuous.

"Not you two having a lover's quarrel... again."

"We're not... well we can't be if she's avoiding me."

"You two give me a headache," she sighed loudly. "You two just need to talk it out."

"I'm trying but... she won't speak to me. Now she won't even be in the same space as me. I don't know what to do."

And it's true. I don't know whether to push or fallback. I've been giving her space but... I'm missing her so much, I feel like I'm losing it.

"Look, I know I shouldn't be saying this but, Neuza loves you. I know she does, but that situation from three years ago really fucked her up. How could you just leave at that time? She was dealing with a lot. It was fucked up H. Beyond fucked for you to do her like that," Amara ranted getting annoyed. "You're lucky she was even talking to you. A bitch like me would have told Jaylen and had him and the bros fuck you up. And if I ever catch your sister, she still ain't gotten doinked on her head for that shit she pulled, on god she's getting fucked up li-"

"I know Amara, I fucked up," I admitted. "I was young. I wasn't thinking. It was a fucked up situation and Suryeon really made it worse. I didn't know how to handle the situation at the time but, I'm showing up now. I love her, I just want a chance. I'll spend my life making it up to her. You know I love Neuza, just help me Amara."

Amara and I looked at each other before she closed her eyes sighing.

"You promise... if I help you, promise me that this time, you're going to protect her... I can't see Neuza like that again. If you're going to crumble under pressure-"

"I'm not crumbling. I'm choosing her every time. This time, no one and nothing can stop me from being by her side. I made sure that I put myself in a position no one can do that. I know I haven't earned that but... trust me."

"Okay, lover boy," she accepted leaning back a bit on the chair. "Because I know she loves you, I'm gonna help you. I'm trusting you so if you fuck up... I'll strangle you."

"I'll give you the rope," I agreed returning her smile, "but I'm not fucking up anymore. I've got her, trust me sis."

"Aight H, I heard you so... let's start taking strategy. Just know that my time and advice is expensive."

"Funny you say that because... I saw a mini Birkin with your name on it."