CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

-THREE DAYS AGO-

-THREE DAYS AGO-

"Amara, I'm going to head out then."

"Straight home?"

"Yes," I nodded still feeling perturbed. "I really need to let Hajoon know what happened."

"That man was a super weirdo, he really gave me the shivers."

Me too.

I can't get that creepy smile out of my mind.

"You don't want Vinnie driving you instead? He's glued to that Spider-Man came but if I thump him in the he-"

"Girl go see your man," I shooed her away with a smile. "You were yawning the whole way get some sleep."

"This baby has me ready to sleep at three in the afternoon... what have I become?"

We chatted for a few more minutes before I pulled off.

A few minutes into my journey, I started to feel a few black cars drive very close to me, kind of boxing me in.

Am I being paranoid right now?

I wanted to move the right hand lane but the cars ignored my signal forcing me to follow the signs to a long country road. At this point there were no other cars but me and the black cars.

I started to feel very... creeped out and scared.

I reached towards my digital dashboard keeping a few glances at the rear view mirror. I was going to call Hajoon and let him know something was wrong.

But as soon as I clicked on the screen I felt a crash into mine from the passenger side making me lose control. I bumped my head on the steering wheel having to close my eyes.

The car ended up on the grass as I tried to process what happened. I made sure my doors were locked before I reached again for my digital screen.

At this point my vision was blurry and I could feel my eyes get teary. I looked to my side window to see the creepy man from the mall stare at me with a smile.

He mouthed for me to open the door but I refused. It wasn't long before a few guys started breaking the window as I yelled covering my head.

The door was opened before I was pulled from the car.

"Wh- Let me go," I yelled trying to make as much noise as possible. I tried getting free but the men holding me were much bigger and stronger than me.

The guy from the mall watched amused.

I hated him.

"Let me go," I demanded screaming at him. He nodded towards one of the men holding me before a cloth covered my nose and mouth.

I felt the strength drain from my body feeling horrified.

"Seems like my little brother hasn't got you trained... but, I'll put you and him in your places."
...

I felt myself wake up with a headache. I sat up slowly barely adjusting to my surroundings.

Where am I?

A cup with water was quickly pushed towards and I drank some before realising that I don't know where I am and what's in this cup. I quickly spat the water back into the cup throwing the glass at the wall.

The lady who handed me the cup stood up alarmed.

"Where the fuck am I?"

"Miss, this is Jeju Island."

"What," I asked glaring at her. "I don't fucking know what that is. Get me a phone immediately."

"Aren't you a demanding thing," the voice I grew to hate spoke making my head snap towards him. I glared at him before standing up. "What did the water do to you?"

"Let me speak to Hajoon immediately," I demanded again stepping to him. "This is kidnapping."

"So what," he asked completely unfazed. "So what if I kidnapped you? What's going to happen?"

He's bat shit crazy.

"Are you fucking cra-"

I felt something slightly metallic in my mouth as I held my cheek. It took me a few seconds to register what just happened... he slapped me.

Suddenly I felt scared.

"What," he asked squeezing my cheek as I tried getting his hands off me, "you think I won't put you in your place? I'm not Hajoon."

"Let go," I yelled historically, "let go of me."

Fighting a girl is fair but a man, what can I do against a man. I'm not strong enough, I'm not big enough and above anything else... I am terrified.

I have fortunately never been in the position where a man has harmed me until now. I don't know what I'm meant to do.

"Sir please," the lady separated us slightly shielding me. "The baby, please."

Baby... what?

"Her face isn't pregnant," he replied sinisterly. "If I don't hit hard enough it should be okay. Angel over here just isn't used to being put in her place."

"What the fuck is going on?! I'm not pregnant."

The man threw a piece of paper at me detailing my condition. The paper clearly stating that I'm pregnant.

I looked at it with wide eyes feeling like I could burst into tears... not like this again.

"You're twenty weeks pregnant. We had a doctor do some blood work whilst you were asleep - he said it's probably a cryptic pregnancy."

This is a fucked up life for sure.

"Let me go... please," I softly pleaded. At this point I had to do what I needed to do for this baby. Even beg of if I must. "This situation... the ba-"

The man clenched my jaw whilst I was in the middle of talking.

"What did I say? I'm not Hajoon. I don't care about you or this baby. I care about making Hajoon miserable. Don't try and do anything courageous either because I'll fucking kill that baby."

I stood there feeling defeated and scared as the man turned around and left.

The lady guided me towards the bed helping me lay down as I cried quietly. She yet again offered me water and this time I drank it because I was just so thirsty.

"Baby very small," she stated gently showing me an ultra sound. "Very small. Vitamin to be strong," she stated showing me the prenatal vitamin bottle and getting me to take one.

Hajoon, save me.