CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

I'm being watched

I'm being watched.

I've been feeling like that for the past two weeks now.

But I wasn't sure so I didn't want to tell Hajoon and put him even more on edge. The past few weeks he's been very anxious and I can tell.

I know it's not to do with business but, I don't know what it is to do with.

He won't tell me.

He's been exercising more but eating less... he's been sleeping less too and I've found myself having to fall asleep on him to make sure he stays in bed.

I really want to help him but, I feel like he's not letting me in.

I want to be there for him.

But anyways, even now, I feel like I'm being watched.

Amara asked me if I wanted to do some shopping with her and I'm a woman so... of course I always want to shop. Plus, if I said no because I feel like I'm being followed, it'd be way more alarming to Hajoon.

"Girl that Bentley pulling up, I know these bitches can't step to you right now."

"Could they step to me before," I asked cockily looking at a cute baby bag. It was so cute, I feel like talking more to Hajoon about it definitely made me feel more levelled about baby related stuff.

"Okay Mrs Lee," Amara hyped me grabbing a giraffe toy. "Showing these bitches why you gotta spin the block."

And spun that block.

I'm not a bird on Twitter, if I wanna get back with my ex, I will. Who gon check me?

"Because my little nephew or niece can't be with aunty in a dusty car."

"I'm about to ask the daddy for a push present because this pregnancy is already getting on my nerves. I tried eating some spicy Doritos and the baby didn't want them chile..."

"But those were the only Doritos you liked," I gasped. Amara is a health freak but that red Dorito packet... she cannot resist.

"It's not even what I like anymore, it's what the baby likes. And baby wants cucumbers drenched in mayo."

Why does that sound appealing and disgusting at the same time?

Amara and I continued talking as we both picked up some things for the baby. She talked me off buying diapers but I added some baby socks to my baby gifts.

"You've been staring at that onesie every time we go past it Neuza," Amara pointed out.

It was a super cute beige baby full onesie with ears and it was so fluffy.

I really wanted it.

"Should we get it for your baby? I think it'll look-"

"Nope," Amara refused reaching for it. "I'm getting it for yours."

"I don't need it."

I don't think I could keep the sad tone from my voice. I tried reaching for the small outfit to put it back but Amara simply put it in her basket.

"But you will need it sis," she stated with certainty holding my hand. "And I just want to be the first person to get the baby a gift."
...

I sat by myself at the food court as Amara rushed to the toilet. I was surrounded by the baby shopping bags.

Maybe we did go a little crazy...

Amara brought some things for my... future baby I guess. In some ways... that made me feel good. It made me feel like someone believed that nothing was wrong with me.

I reached for the bag with the onesie taking it out as I stared at it with happiness.

My time would come.

"Congratulations," a deep voice spoke breaking me out of my trance. A tall man stood there with a grin looking at the onesie too.

He looked very familiar...

I felt a bit uncomfortable so I quickly stuffed it into the bag.

"Excuse me?"

"You're pregnant, right?"

"Do we know each other," I asked with a hint of rudeness. I wanted this man to leave. I don't know him so clearly I'm not discussing my ovaries with him.

"You don't recognise a family member," he asked crouching to be at eye level with me. "You're my brother's angel."

Hearing that nickname from him just sounded disgusting. And even if I saw some resemblance between him and Hajoon, his smile was definitely not warm.

And did he just say he was Hajoon's family member... nothing good comes out of dealing with them.

"Does Hajoon know you're approaching me?"

He laughed a bit before grabbing my chin. I immediately swatted his hand away feeling dirty that he had touched me.

His vibe was just so dark.

"And if he did, should I be worried about it?"

I kept quiet feeling sick.

"Has he noticed that you've been followed lately?"

"Are you... doing that," I asked feeling my mouth drying up. I was intending to play it tough but it kinda threw me that he mentioned that.

"And if I was," he asked again with a dark smile. "What would happen, angel?"

I looked at him feeling completely thrown off by the interaction.

What is going on?

"Neuza, is everything ok," Amara asked approaching the table. She looked at me before mean mugging the man who stood to his full height.

"Yeah," I replied quickly starting to gather the bags. "We were just leaving right?" Amara quickly caught on gathering her bags as well.

I glanced at the man before hurrying away. I glanced over my shoulder as I was leaving seeing him wave at me with the creepiest smile.

Just who the fuck is that?