CHAPTER FOURTY-FIVE

"Wrap this shit up, right now

"Wrap this shit up, right now."
...

I was minding my business.

Working hard for my family... I'm someone's father and fiancé now. I'm built different.

I was had requested my mom's jeweller to work on designing Neuza's engagement ring. I wanted to also have her work on our wedding rings and whatever family heirlooms we'd have.

Neuza and I had picked up some newborn gold pieces to be made for our little teddy bear. She said that in her culture gold jewellery on newborns keeps away evil away.

And me being who I am, this baby needed all the physical and spiritual protection they could get.

A lot of flag on the play around me.

We had also recently broken ground and started construction on the leisure centre. The Lee Group was doing pretty well financially this year and all my friends in high places still wanted to be friends.

I was looking through some legal documents on an overseas investment. I finally had the connections to get my money to go play in the Middle East.

My father restricted the Lee Group to Korea and a few nearby countries but I wasn't interesting in being a big fish in a small pond. If I couldn't play with the big fish and win in the ocean, then I'm not the best.

I heard a knock on the office door and gave the person permission to come in. From the look on Mr Kim's face, it was going to be some bullshit.

I threw my head back with a loud groan already wanting whatever was happening to go away.

"What is it Mr Kim?"

"Sir, it's your father," he stated before coming closer to tell me what was happening.
...

Let's roll, friends.

Why father thought I wasn't going to get wind of him getting Mrs Kang's old ass drafting an NDA and prenup...what law firm would want to be involved in that mess?

They know better than to not call me.

And for Mr Kim to add on top of this that the security team guarding Neuza had told him my father had pulled up... oh, I was furious.

"Thank you for driving fast," I complimented the driver barely closing the car door storming into my house. From the corner of my eye I saw the security guards bowing and of course, my father's car.

Just fuckery at twelve pm. Nothing new.

"What is happening," I questioned coming into the living room. I saw Neuza sat on the sofas across from my father and Mrs Kang.

Neuza turned around to look at me with a relieved look.

"Angel, are you okay," I asked instantly focusing on her. I came around the back of the sofa to see her resting her hand on her stomach - something she does when she's anxious.

And it instantly angered me that my pregnant fiancé was feeling anxious in her home.

"I'm glad you're hom-"

"No one hurt her," my father interrupted. "I just thought since you got her pregnant, it's time we reach an understanding."

"Is that so," I asked sarcastically sitting next to Neuza. I reached for the papers on the table taking some time to skim through the famous prenup agreements and nda's that my family talked about.

"Get this out of my sight and burn it," I ordered holding the papers in the air without looking back. Someone quickly took the papers from my hand before stepping back.

"What didn't you like about it, son?"

"You want the mother of my child to agree to not have anything?"

"She came into this partnership with nothing so, she's just leaving the same way she came into this."

"An nda about the Namjoon-"

"That is not something we need getting out. You dealt with Namjoon, isn't that enough?"

I looked over at Neuza and she smiled at me with a gentle sad smile. She focused on me and I stroked her cheek feeling her nervous energy.

"If you tell me to sign it, I will."

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before giving her a side hug.

I wouldn't stand for any of them disrespecting my angel.

"She's not signing that or anything you and Mrs Kang draft - why would you bring her in my house?"

"This girl-"

"Neuza is my fiancé and the mother of my child," I cut him off. "Don't disrespect her again or you'll force my hand."

Father scoffed leaning back on his seat with a displeased look.

"Get out," he commanded looking at Neuza. She jumped up in her seat looking at me because the hold I had on her waist prevented her from moving.

"Baby, you don't have to go anywhere. This is your home," I reassured. "My father has overstayed his welcome. Mr Kim escort him out."

"What did you do to Namjoon," father spat as Mrs Kang held him back.

"Mr Kim, I won't repeat myself."

Before Mr Kim could spring into action, my father stood up with an angry expression. "When you're ready to ta-"

"Don't come over, you make my wife uncomfortable. We have nothing to talk about in regards to the Lee Group. Don't contact me if it's unrelated to work."

Father and his minions left the house without another word.

"Are you okay," Neuza's soft voice asked me.

"Mr Kim make sure that security is aware that this is not to happen again."

I stood up walking to the kitchen to get some water. I was trying to remain calm but my father trying to disrespect Neuza again was making me angry.

"It seemed like a fight was going to break out so I asked the security to let them in, please don't be too harsh on them."

I kept quiet because I was just trying to organise my thoughts. I needed to keep my emotions under wraps right now because I just couldn't explode right now.

"Hajoon, talk to me. I'm your fiancé, you have to let me in."

My eyes met with Neuza's and she slowly hugged me. "It was a lot but, I'm here with you." I hugged her back resting my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry. My family- fuck... I just can't believe they would try something like this again."

"I'm okay if you're nice to me. I only need you to be nice to me and everyone else can choke."

"It drives me crazy though and... I can't stand it- them treating you like that."

"But you stood by me, that's all I care about," she smiled stroking my head. "Because I know they don't like me but, as long as you do, it's fine."

"I just love you so much."