CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-THREE YEARS AGO-

-THREE YEARS AGO-

"W-what is this?"
...

I decided to stay home. I couldn't go to class after yesterday and I had  to practically beg Amara to go to class.

I just wanted to curl up into a ball and keep crying.

I didn't want anyone next to me.

I got a knock on the door as I slowly went to open. Someone was covering the door so, I kept the door chain on as I cracked the door open.

Three stood an older man and a lady plus two men who looked to be security.

Who are these people and why are they at my door?

"Um... hi? How can I help you?"

"Neuza Da Silva?"

Omg... what did I do?

"That's... me," I replied in a questioning way just in case it was some bullshit.

"This is about Lee Hajoon, may we come in and discuss some matters?"

"Um... Ha-"

"Please let us in."

Against my black instinct, I opened the door. The five people walked into my soon as the two security guards stood behind the older man as he set on the armchair. The lady started taking some papers out of her briefcase and laying them on the coffee table. She sat on the couch as I sat away from all of them on the other side of the coach.

"I'm Hajoon's father. This is Kang Mari from my legal team. We came to... make sure we have an understanding."

He did look like Hajoon. Just an older, salt and pepper hair version.

"An understanding about... what?"

"If I take it from here sir," the Mari lady jumped in. "We know that you underwent a complicated situation with Hajoon... Hajoon is... moving on to the next stage of his life so, we are here to make sure you feel compensated for your time."

"Are you insane," I breathed out. "I had a miscarriage yesterday.... What kind of bullshit is this?! Compensated?! What are you talking about? I want to speak to Ha-"

"I always wondered who the girl Hajoon was hiding was," his father chucked. "I made the right decision in ending... this. A girl of your calibre cannot stand beside the chairman of the Lee group."

"List-"

"Miss Da Silva," the woman directed my attention. "Here is a non-disclosure agreement ready to sign and a cheque for the value of five hundred thousand dollars. I believe that to be a more than fair compensation for your time. All we ask is your discretion going forward."

"W-what is this?"

"Sign it. I commend you for almost trapping Hajoon. You almost made it little lady but fortune always sides with the rich and chosen," Hajoon's father answered coldly. The men behind him chuckled at his words. "This should be something to make it worth your while."

"I want to talk to Hajoon. I'm not signing anything. I'm not taking this cheque," I gritted out standing up and moving away from them. "Get me Hajoon on the phone."

"Oh," the father chuckled, "you will never see or speak to Hajoon again. Don't try going to look for him, he should be arriving in Korea at this time."

W-what?

"What are you talking about," I asked quietly trying not to cry. "He said he wouldn't leave. Let me speak to Hajoon right now."

"Do you think Hajoon has time for you? Did you think a girl like you could keep him," his father asked standing up. "Girls like you don't end up with guys like him. There is no conversation you two need to have. Think about yourself little lady because from now on, Hajoon will be doing the same."

I stood there silently crying as I turned around.

"Get out," I ordered after composing myself. "Take that dirty NDA and the cheque. I don't need shit from your family. As long as Hajoon stays away from me, I know how to keep my mouth shut."

"Well, normally I don't make agreements without a contract but I don't beg people either to take my money." Hajoon's father stepped closer to me, holding my chin as he made me make eye contact with me. "Keep your mouth shut or I'll make you shut it. Do you understand, sweetheart?"

I nodded looking at him. I hated this man. I hated his whole family and... I hated Hajoon...

How could he leave? What a coward.

"I'm sorry about the baby... it just goes to show that it wasn't my time to be a grandad."

"Get out. Tell Hajoon I never want to see him. Tell him to avoid me in the afterlife too."