CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"Sir, your brother is just barged into your office," Secretary Kim whispered in my ear

"Sir, your brother is just barged into your office," Secretary Kim whispered in my ear. "How should we proceed?"

"Let him wait. I don't have time to deal with his tantrums," I replied back discretely.

I was currently in a meeting with my acquisition team and my legal team. The Lee group was in the process of acquiring the rights and permits to build n entertainment and leisure centre in a prime location in Seoul.

The architecture and design week was two weeks into their four week deadline of design proposals. I was really putting my back into this.  In the middle of everything... we were also dipping our feet into the renewable energy industry.

I was putting my back into making the Lee Group a giant under my management.

"Have the contracts sent to me by the end of the week," I stated standing up. "I want to review that they're perfect."

After we were out of the room, Secretary Kim and I entered my private elevator.

"How are our friends in high places? It is vital that these permits go through Secretary Kim."

"Of course Sir. I arranged it so that president Yoon and prime minister Han set some time aside for you."

"When will that be?"

"It is short notice but, next week sir on Tuesday at 6pm. Reservations have been made for the private room in La Yeon. Discrete arrangements of course."

"Perfect secretary Kim," I smiled. What would I do without him? "Arrange the private jet."

"Sir... without over stepping... should I also included Ms Da Silva on the trip? It would be a great way to spend time together."

"Great suggestion Secretary Kim. I'll leave it on your hands. Please handle this trip with discretion."

Secretary Kim was the very first person I hired as the chairman of the Lee group. Secretary Kim had been loyal to me from the start. So I choose him as my right hand man.

Even my father said that in all his years, Secretary Kim had never showed this level of obedience. But out of everyone my father had suggested, Mr Kim was the one who showed promise. The company operations team had never slacked under his command.

My father might not have seen it but... Mr Kim's precision and foresight made him indispensable.

"Namjoom-sii, how can I help you today?"

"The new legal team won't discuss the permits we'll need for the entertainment centre... you know I got a law degree right?"

One thing about Namjoon is he wants to control everything.

And he can't stand that father made his youngest son from his second wife the Chairman. To Namjoon is like giving the bastard of the family all the inheritance.

"That's not the area you've been put in charge of brother so I think as long as we all do what we've been told to do," I dragged out quickly adjusting a pen on my desk, "we'll do better. Don't you think so?"

Truth be told, Namjoon just wanted the chance to argue that he'd be a better chairman. He was waiting on any and every slip up from him.

But this is why replacing the board of executives and applying pressure on senior members was important. From now on everyone was going to be loyal to me.

I can't trust a snake like Namjoon not to choke me to death if he had a chance.

"And why did you hire that Min guy to be the head of the legal team after firing Mrs Kang? I would do a better job-"

"Mr Lee, sorry to interrupt," Mr Kim jumped in. "Chairman Lee has a meeting with the Minister of the environment in Korea so, I ask you that you schedule a formal meeting."

"Excuse me," my brother asked completely bewildered.

"As Mr Kim says Namjoon-ssi, I have a lot to do and my time is scheduled. If you want to discuss changes to the structure of the company, you'll have to present a proposal and... if Mr Kim decides it holds weight we'll consider arranging a meeting. Now... please get out Namjoon-sii. Your bitching is insufferable."
....

"You want me to go to Korea," Neuza asked with a surprised look.

"Yeah I have some business and I want to spend more time with you so... I thought it would be a good idea for you to come along."

"I know Joonie but... getting time off short notice might mean I'm not paid for it," she sighed leaning her head on my shoulder. "I don't know if I can... plus I have bills."

It might sound crazy but hearing my girl talk about bills is very... it's a weird concept. Does she know that, I can take care of that? It's not like she needs to do anything but be pretty.

She can just exist and get money from me.

But... how do I tell her this?

"Why are you paying bills? You can just extort me. I have money... like a stupid amount."

"Yeah but I'm not with you for your money. I have my own," she argued pouting. "I have money to pay my own bills."

"I know but I really want you to come with me," I reasoned giving her a peck. "So... if your job won't pay you for your time off, you can just get that money from me. I think that makes sense."

"I feel like I'm using you if I do that," she bit her lip with an unsure look. "I don't ask you for things because I don't want it to feel like that."

"What's wrong with using me," I asked gently taking a piece of fluff from her hair. "You should use me. I'm here to make you happy so, I have to give you whatever you want."

"You'll hate me if I'm spoiled, I'm hard to please," she joked, "like you don't want me asking you to pay for my beauty regime and my hair an-"

"I want you to ask me."