CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

"Tell me everything that happened with father!"

"Good morning to you too," Suryeon I greeted holding my lower back. I had been feeling a dull ache in my back and extremely nauseous today.

I was going to call the midwife and explain but Suryeon burst in as I was going to pick up my phone. And one thing about her... she needs attention.

And how is all these people finding out where we live?

This supposed to be a gated community in Korean suburbs... what is this honey? Doesn't a gated community have like... gates? To keep the randoms out?

"Neuza don't be like that," she grinned going directly to the fridge. "How did Hajoon deconstruct father? I want every single detail."

Am I... fucking cramping?

"Suryeon... something is wrong."

"Regarding what," she asked with a raised eyebrow chewing a slice of cheese. "Father and Hajoon? They've been like that-"

"Suryeon, the baby," I breathed out seeing her alarmed expression. "I think I'm cramping at twenty five weeks... this is really bad..."

Suryeon seemed to freeze and I was trying to focus on my breathing. And these fucking cramps.

"H-have you just peed yourself," a panicked Suryeon asked coming closer to me.

Pee myself? No I didn-

"Suryeon, the room is spinning."

"Oh my fucking god! Oh my god! We need to go to the hospital! Is there a hospital bag somewhere?!"

"Suryeon," I breathed out, "Hajoon-"

"I'll call him," she reassured helping me move towards the door. "But we need to focus right now mama. Just keep talking to me."
...

"You're in labour... twenty five weeks is early but the baby is in position- you just need to be more dilated we'll monitor any changes."

My head still felt woozy and I was nauseous and terrified. But I was also surprised with Suryeon... she stepped into action and made sure that I got treatment promptly. Hajoon was on his way but I still felt scared... even in one of the best hospitals in the whole country.

"Don't make that face," Suryeon scolded gently. "They said it's early but chances of survival are high."

"I-I don't even have a hospital bag ready- what was I thinking? Baby clothes-"

"Don't worry about anything. Just focus on this part for right now."

I sighed closing my eyes. The bright lights were giving me a headache and I felt like shit.

"You're being so nice," I commented keeping my eyes closed.

"Hajoon would kill me if anything happened," she admitted. "I like to skate on thin ice but Hajoon is not for games right now. Very scary."

"I didn't think you would be scared of anyone," I laughed with a small laugh.

"I'm not reckless. Even a wild animal with sharp instincts knows when to retreat."

"Neuza, are you okay? How's the baby?!" A panicked Hajoon burst into the room with Mr Kim following closely behind. He rushed to my side firing a minute questions a minute.

It's comforting to see him panicking too.

"Well if Hajoon is here, it seems my work is done. I hate kids."

Hajoon thanked Suryeon multiple times before she made her exit. He held my hand tightly adjusting my pillow and bed positioning.

"Is the room too warm or too cold-"

"Baby it's fine," I assured weakly, "I just feel really sick right now."

"They don't want to delay the birth?"

"The doctor said they're concerned that delaying the birth could affect the baby so... we're doing this I guess."

"Neuza... we don't even have a baby crib set up..."

"Don't remind me," I sighed. "We haven't even got newborn clothes... we're so unprepared and it's tragic."

"Mini angel is so impatient-"

"It wants what it wants and it does just that - it's a mini you Hajoon."

"Is that what you told yourself," Hajoon smiled pinching my cheek gently. "Last time I checked it's you getting your way all the time."
...

"Hajoon," I whined for the millionth time. "Get it out of me!"

"Angel you want to sit-"

"No! I want to give birth - call someone!"

It was at the stage where they were telling me to walk around in hopes of speeding up things. But, I was getting tired and every time a contraction hit, I felt like I wanted to leave my body behind.

"I'm calling- what about some water?"

"I'm so hooot," I cried out standing still waiting for the cramp to dull into background discomfort.

Hajoon tried getting me to get back into bed but I swatted him away. I definitely could not just lay down right now. In this much pain and discomfort, absolutely impossible.

Hajoon seemingly gave up and sat on the bed with a worried look just watching me pace up and down the room. When I started to feel clingy I went to lay my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

Maybe... I'm the drama...

"It's okay baby," Hajoon soothed. I'm sure he felt the tears at this point but he remained calm and steady the whole time. Even when it was time to push he took me squeezing the life out of his hands like a champ and continued wiping my sweat.
...

Aaliyah Lee. One pound and seven ounces. Twenty centimetres. Born at eleven, forty five.