CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

I can't breathe

I can't breathe.
...

I looked at the digital clock seeing that it was just a bit past midnight.

Where is Neuza?

It's not the usual for her to sleep at her house anymore. She always comes straight here.

She said she'd be out with Amara shopping today so I took the time to organise some things. I wanted us to take a trip somewhere so I was trying to see where I could fit it in my schedule.

I was thinking about proposing.

There is just not another girl for me.

But now she hasn't come home and I can't stop the feeling of dread from bubbling up in my throat. Because deep down in my chest I knew she wouldn't be out this late.

I called her a few times but, her phone was off. It had been off since I began calling her at five in the afternoon and now it's midnight.

I was trying not to panic... maybe she- fuck, I'm starting to not be able to think.

I quickly grabbed my phone again dialling the only person I could think of right now. The phone rang three times before a groggy voice said hello.

"Amara, have you seen Neuza?"

"Neuza," she asked with a bit of alarm. "What's goin-"

"Amara please, have you talked to her?"

"She dropped me off and then... then she said she was going to yours... she wanted to talk to you about the weird guy at the mall..."

"Weird guy?"

"Yeah like, he looked like you... she didn't call you?"

Like me...?

"What time did she drop you off," i asked feeling my chest get tighter and tighter. I felt like the room was spinning and had to hold the back of the couch for a bit of stability.

"Like at three... three pm and we didn't speak after... Hajoon what is going on? Where is Neuza?"

I rushed off the phone telling Amara I'd call her back. I quickly dialled Secretary Kim rushing to put on a coat and my shoes.

"Mr Kim meet me at Neuza's house right now and bring someone who can open doors."
...

I dialled Jaylen on my way to Neuza's house and he too hadn't seen her or even spoken to her in a few days apart from text.

So far the last person to speak to her was Amara at three pm. I looked at the dashboard seeing one, forty three glare back at me.

No one knew what happened to her from three pm the day before... I felt like I was drowning.

"Sir," Mr Kim greeted as I stepped off the car barely turning it off and literally not parking it properly.

"Have they managed to open the door?"

I took long strides as Mr Kim kept up calling the elevator. A member of my security stood by the entrance of the building as the receptionist watched wordlessly.

"Yes sir, we think you should take a look. It is confusing."

I quickly stepped into Neuza's apartment seeing it... organised. Clean. Nothing out of place. Her travel bags were still in their place. Her passport was still in its place and the house had the usual scent of vanilla and honey.

I stood in the middle of her living room utterly confused.

"We suspect she hasn't been here sir," Mr Kim stated as I continued looking through cabinets wanting to see if there were any clues.

A member of my security team came into the living bowing to Mr Kim and I. He stood up straight before he began to speak.

"We have reviewed three days of footage and Miss has not stepped into the building or areas covered by the building cameras in that time frame. Security from your building sir has also been reviewed and Miss is seen exiting in the morning but is not on any of the footage from today going into the building or anything."

I took a sigh before sitting on the couch.

I felt my heart turn cold... I wanted to be upset. I wanted to scream. I wanted to even cry. But above all, I wanted the head of the person responsible. I couldn't fall apart until I made sure that my angel was okay.

And after I made sure she was okay, I was going to kill the person responsible.

"If you can't bring me the person responsible or any worthwhile information, I will have to make you all feel what I'm feeling."

"Sir, what do you mean by that," one of the men spoke with a worried expression.

"I'm saying that I'm going to also make the person you love the most disappear," I replied changing the atmosphere in the room grow eerie. "Bring Neuza to me."
...

On the third day of Neuza going missing, my team had found her car in a desolate location.

I quickly made my way there abandoning my schedule for the day.

The Bentley looked like it had been crashed making me have to swallow down my vomit.

What the fuck is going on?

Mr Kim quickly updated me that there was no blood but there did seem to be signs of struggle. The drivers window seemed to have been broken and the body work of the car indicated a crash.

He had told me that a team was working closely hacking into cameras around the area the car was found and traffic information.

If there was a crash as the car was indicating, there had to be proof.

I was hoping that Neuza hadn't vanished into thin air.

"Sir, you should really have a look at this. We found this on the windshield," Mr Kim handed me a photograph with a sticky note attached.

I can't breathe.

I looked at a picture of a sonogram labelled twenty weeks.

"You're going to be a father, Hajoon. Congratulations."