CHAPTER 1 Prologue

Forgotten Juliet
Chapter 1 - Prologue

Covering her body with a sheet, Juliet watched the man with bated breath. When the man took off his bathrobe, turning his back to the bed, she saw his broad shoulders and strong back muscles, which were clearly visible in the morning light.

An impeccably, well-balanced physique, reminiscent of the sleek body of a predator, and an attractive angular face. There were large and small sword scars all over the body, but even those were perfect like works of art.

Juliet was stunned for a moment, admiring the man in a daze.

Taking off his bathrobe, the man put on a white, clean shirt.

Though it was a habit unworthy of a noble duke who held such a high status. He was a man who spent half his life on the battlefield and hated the look of his body, so he preferred to dress himself.

So there were only two types of women he brought into his bedroom. A woman who was a one-night stand, or a woman he wanted to use.

Carlyle could have had the throne if he wanted to. Even more so, it's just a lover's birthday wish.

"Okay. I swear," Lennox nodded dryly.

It seemed that he was just playing along to make fun of her, but for Juliet that was enough.

"Thank you, Your Highness. Then..."

Juliet smiled sweetly and blinked deliberately slowly.

And all this just to maintain the appearance of love a little more.

And the next moment, the demand that flowed from her mouth far exceeded Lennox Carlyle's expectations.

"Please break up with me."

"...What?"

"Your Highness."

Juliet smiled brightly and continued with an angelic face.

"Let's end what happened between us."