Chapter 87

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 87

“Welcome, Lady Monad!”

Juliet arrived at the banquet hall a little after noon.

The venue was a lavish separate palace, which was quite extravagant for a young ladies’ salon gathering.

As soon as Juliet arrived, everyone in the salon looked up with bright eyes, rising from their seats or whispering excitedly to their neighbors.

“I didn’t really think she’d come.”

“My goodness, how audacious.”

Conversations were along these lines.

“Lady Monad! Everyone has heard the news.”

“It must have been tough for you. Are you alright now?”

Juliet coldly observed the seemingly insincere people swarming towards her.

She didn’t answer their questions, merely maintaining a superficial smile.

Without paying any mind to the discomfort of those she ignored, Juliet walked straight to the innermost table of the salon.

There, she greeted the person seated at the very center with a bright smile.

“Thank you for the invitation, Crown Princess.”

“Uh…!”

Out of the many invitations Juliet received, she chose to attend Fatima’s, the Crown Princess-to-be.

Perhaps not expecting such a greeting, the hostess of the party, taken aback, averted her gaze.

“Ah, right. You’re not the Crown Princess yet, are you?”

Juliet tilted her head and said.

“…In a month, you’ll be the Crown Princess anyway,” a young lady sitting next to Fatima snapped back.

“Yes, that’s why I came.”

Juliet, without breaking her gaze from Fatima, replied slowly.

“How could I miss the inaugural Blooming Salon of the Princess-to-be?”

The Blooming Salon was popular among the younger generation due to its unique rule.

The rule was simple.

The host can invite three people.

And each invitee can also extend invitations to three others.

This way, the size of the salon would continue to grow. Of course, since the social circles often overlapped, it wasn’t unusual for someone to receive multiple invitations.

‘Just how many did I get?’

Juliet had received several invitations for today’s salon in this manner.

The restriction to only invite three showcased the host’s network.

Perhaps that’s why Fatima held such a large-scale salon with permission to use the palace’s separate wing.

‘By next spring, she’ll be the Crown Princess. She must have needed personal connections.’

Fatima probably hoped to hear how successful her very first official salon was…

‘Isn’t that a bit too eager?’

Juliet thought as she took her seat in the center, which everyone recommended.

A long time ago, Juliet and Fatima were friends.

Did Fatima really want to gather people by turning an old friend’s misfortune into gossip?