Chapter 89

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 89

When Elliot stepped out of the bedroom, he paled upon seeing Juliet walking down the corridor.

The only thing Lennox, who was calm as if it was someone else’s problem even when he was on the brink of consciousness, had earnestly asked was for Juliet not to find out about his condition.

Quickly closing the bedroom door, Elliot blocked her path.

“Miss Monad! I don’t know what’s going on, but…”

“I came to see His Highness.”

“You can’t enter…!”

“Move. Now.”

The coldness in her voice made not only Elliot but also the guard at the door flinch.

As they hesitated, Juliet pushed past the two and flung open the bedroom door.

Bang!

“Miss!”

As the bedroom door opened, Elliot rushed in after Juliet.

Elliot didn’t know what to do.

‘The physician should still be inside the bedroom.’

Juliet would certainly recognize the physician…

“What’s going on?”

However, only the Duke, casually changing his clothes, was in the bedroom.

“Ah…”

Elliot glanced at the door leading to the reception room.

It seemed the physician had narrowly hidden himself.

“What happened?”

When Lennox asked, glancing at the door, Elliot realized he had to explain the situation to his master.

“Ah, master, Miss Juliet is here.”

“Leave.”

“Yes.”

A moment later, the door closed.

Juliet stood there, staring intently at the side profile of the Duke as he changed his shirt.

“You came here to say something, didn’t you?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“As you can see, I’m in the middle of something. It would be nice if you could finish quickly.”

Lennox buttoned up his shirt leisurely, his slow-moving hands seemed sensually deliberate.

“I’ll leave without disturbing you as soon as possible.”

“Sit.”

Lennox gestured to a chair.

The view of the bedroom, with the curtains drawn back, looked much the same as it had when she visited a few days ago.

Upon reflection, he still seemed to be confined to the mansion these days.

Was he still unwell?

Without looking at him, Juliet spoke.

“I went to the palace and heard a strange rumor. I came to ask about it.”

“A strange rumor?”

“I met the second prince.”

“I see.”

Lennox leaned back in his chair.

He seemed to have an inkling about what she was referring to and looked unsurprised.